Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The famous 1989-90 Fleer basketball Larry Bird rack pack

Remember this pack?

(I saved this pic in 2010. Did anyone determine whether it is/was real or fake? For you quants out there what is the mathematical probability that this pack could be legit?)

Comments

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

I think it's real. This stuff was crazy for triplicates in the same rack. I had one with two Jordan's showing and pulled a third

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2017 6:21PM

Definitely could not be real if it were a Topps baseball rack from 70s or early 80s, the era I collect, as each section on a rack corresponded with cards from certain sheets but I have no idea how basketball packs from this era were collated.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭

I think there were 3 birds on the back also. Seller had the odds listed in the auction, it was like 1:3,000,000 I think

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

How about the 84 Topps Foitball rack with three Dickerson's?

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Allen said:
    I think there were 3 birds on the back also. Seller had the odds listed in the auction, it was like 1:3,000,000 I think

If you are fabricating it, the odds are a lot better than that, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    baz518baz518 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭✭

Football and basketball had a much better chance of this. Especially Fleer basketball sets that only had 132 cards... each cell had an equal shot. Although if that pack had Birds on the back... I'd say it has 0% chance of being legit.