Home U.S. Coin Forum

delete

UnclePennyBagsUnclePennyBags Posts: 327 ✭✭✭
edited June 10, 2017 6:36AM in U.S. Coin Forum

d

Successful trades.... MichaelDixon,

Comments

• EldoEsqEldoEsq Posts: 73 ✭✭✭

wow...if you don't have a legit one for reference (or a magnet handy), these would fool alot of people!!!

• JJSingletonJJSingleton Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened to the Hobby Protection Act? Is this wish.com site Chinese?

I notice a W mint mark. Weren't 2000 proofs P mint marks?

Joseph J. Singleton - First Superintendent of the U.S. Branch Mint in Dahlonega Georgia

Findley Ridge Collection
    About Findley Ridge

• TequilaDaveTequilaDave Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't making a coin (or dollar bill) with the words "One Dollar" w/o "copy" on it in denominating the coin and thus making it a counterfeit coin and illegal to possess, let alone sell?

• UnclePennyBagsUnclePennyBags Posts: 327 ✭✭✭

@JJSingleton said:
    What happened to the Hobby Protection Act? Is this wish.com site Chinese?

I notice a W mint mark. Weren't 2000 proofs P mint marks?

Yes... And I didn't even notice it until you said it was a w lol

edited June 10, 2017 6:36AM

d

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I notice a W mint mark. Weren't 2000 proofs P mint marks?"

Well since no W mintmarked coins existed, this is just a fantasy piece then according to some logic.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, thanks for posting the 'heads up' :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

Several years ago I posted pictures of some SAEs that were going around one of the major shows in counterfeit mint boxes with COAs. I love the name of the site: Wish.com

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1996 Proof Eagles I examined at the 2014 Chicago ANA had the following key difference in design in the following description:

Counterfeit: Lettering in "IN and WE" is even-cut (dremel) without the upper left serifs or changes in width.

Counterfeit: Mintmark has wide tops on the "W" whereas the real ASE mintmark will have shorter upper flats..

Counterfeit: Flag (canvas look) background is missing above the arm and replaced with bold angled rays.

Counterfeit: Reverse shield has 12 vertical lines whereas a real ASE has only six. THIS IS THE MOST OBVIOUS PICKUP POINT!

Counterfeit: Date is dremeled in with no serifs and no changes in width. The real ASE will have an upper left serif on the one.

Counterfeit: Obverse and reverse rims will have a milled appearance whereas the rims on a real proof ASE will have the induced cameo effect.

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Mike for the pickup points :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• @3stars said:
    "I notice a W mint mark. Weren't 2000 proofs P mint marks?"

Well since no W mintmarked coins existed, this is just a fantasy piece then according to some logic.

If it was 1oz fine silver it would be. This isn't a fantasy piece, this is a scam artist piece!

By the way.. Weight is 28.6 grams ... 33.1 in the airtight

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can get useful devices from China for around $5 delivered. That tells you how hungry some of these people are for a few bucks. It's lucky we don't have a border with China.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the pictures, that ASE looks darned good.... scary good.... I do not buy from venues that would be selling these.... anyway, I usually have a neodymium magnet with me..... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file