Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1975 TOPPS MINI BOX BREAK***ALL PACKS SHIPPED***SHARE RIPS AND PACKS HERE!

slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Just got to work and I see the box break is full. And in less than 24 hours! Thanks to everyone who has reserved a slot. Grimster, tmgrnzx9r and SirLurksALot you are first, second and third on the waitlist, respectively.

In the meantime it is time to pay! Since everyone who reserved packs happened to reserve two it will be simple. Please send either $150 via PayPal Friends and Family or $156 via PayPal Goods to:

slum22@hotmail.com

When you pay please just leave a message in the notes section with your CU user name so I can update the thread with who has paid. Also if you pay by PP Friends and Family which would be my preference and much appreciated then please send a PM with your mailing address or else leave your address in the notes section while paying.

Once I have received payments for all 36 packs I will do the drawing for the empty box.

Thanks again,

Steve

I got off work a little early today so before I start the long commute home I figured I would just start this thread now.

THE BOX BREAK IS NOW LIVE. THANKS FOR EVERYONE WHO IS PARTICIPATING. PLEASE REVIEW THE GUIDELINES OF THE BREAK BELOW. THIS IS A BREAK OF A 1975 TOPPS MINI BASEBALL WAX BOX FROM BBCE.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE PM ME OR POST ON THIS THREAD AND I WILL ANSWER YOUR QUESTION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

PRICE PER PACK/SLOT: $75 (this is net to me, so preferably PP Friends and Family otherwise $78 PP Goods/Invoice)

RESERVING SLOTS: All slots must be reserved on this thread, PM’s do not count for reservations. Once this thread is posted then packs can be reserved from that point forward. To maximize the amount of people who can get packs and take part in the break there will be a limit to the amount of packs each member can reserve over the first 24 and 48 hours.

The initial limit will be 2 packs for the first round of reservations. This limit will last for 24 hours. Starting on Tue at 5:30PM, people can reserve 2 more packs for a total of four packs per person for that first 48 hour period. On Wed at 5:30PM, limits will be taken off and anybody can reserve as many packs as they wish.

When the first 36 slots are filled I will start a waitlist and it will be open to whoever claims a spot on the waitlist in this thread.

SHIPPING: Free

INSURANCE: I am not a big believer in USPS insurance, but if you want insurance on your package I will add it to your total. Your cost will be the exact USPS charge for the amount insurance that you request.

PAYMENT TERMS: Payment is expected as soon as the break ends, which is defined as when all the slots are claimed. Payment is expected via PayPal and will be net to me. PayPal Friends and Family is preferred but if you want PayPal Goods please know that $3 will be added per slot/pack to the total to account for the PayPal fees.

BONUS: I will be giving away the empty box from this break (I am assuming someone will want it). **To win the empty box you have to be a participant in the break and you have to request entry into the drawing for the box when you reserve your packs **(or at least sometime before the end of the break). The odds of winning the box will be based on how many slots you purchase and how many other people with slots request a chance at winning the box. For example if you reserve 4 slots and all 36 slots request entry then you will have a 4 in 36 chance of winning. If only 20 of the participating slots request entry for the box then you have a 4 in 20 chance in winning.

Thanks again to everyone who is participating!

Steve

1. OddRodz PAID
  2. OddRodz PAID
  3. RipublicaninMass* PAID
  4. RipublicaninMass* PAID
  5. ugaskidawg* PAID
  6. ugaskidawg* PAID
  7. spinfadesplash23 PAID
  8. spinfadesplash23 PAID
  9. secretstash* PAID
  10. secretstash* PAID
  11. nendee* PAID
  12. nendee* PAID
  13. Schapko* PAID
  14. Schapko* PAID
  15. Balco758* PAID
  16. Balco758* PAID
  17. Oakesy25* PAID
  18. Oakesy25* PAID
  19. SlugSports* PAID
  20. SlugSports* PAID
  21. dtsa* PAID
  22. dtsa* PAID
  23. BeRoyalKC* PAID
  24. BeRoyalKC* PAID
  25. MarsAttacks* PAID
  26. MarsAttacks* PAID
  27. Cecropiamoth* PAID
  28. Cecropiamoth* PAID
  29. fergie23 PAID
  30. fergie23 PAID
  31. Jay0791* PAID
  32. Jay0791* PAID
  33. Cakes*
  34. Cakes*
  35. w785* PAID
  36. w785* PAID

Waitlist

1. Grimster*
  2. Grimster*
  3. tmgrnzx9r*
  4. tmgrnzx9r*
  5. SirLurksALot
Steve

Comments

• OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Two

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

Two, and please enter me for the box. Also, if people use pp gift, their shipping address may not show up, make sure to add it as well as your cu username in the notes section.

• ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

I'll take 2 packs. Please enter me for the box. Thanks Steve

• Two.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

Two packs. In for the box.

Thanks

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Good luck Steve.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

4 packs please

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com

Sorry, 2. 4 if available.

• schapkoschapko Posts: 341 ✭✭

I'll reserve 2 packs. Thanks for setting this up.

Scott

Buying 75 Topps Reg. Size PSA 9
    1975 Topps Registry Set "Scott's 75 Topps Set"

Forgot to put in, that I'd also like to be in for the drawing for the box!

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 packs please and interested in empty box as well. Thanks, Steve

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

@nendee said:
    Sorry, 2. 4 if available.

No worries. I like the enthusiasm :) You can reserve your other two packs anytime after 5:30 PM Pacific tomorrow if there are still packs available. Thanks!

Steve

Updated through balco758. Almost half way there!

Steve
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

i'll go 2 plus the box entry, ty

• I'll take 2 packs please. I'll enter into the box drawing too.

Thanks,
    Brian

I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭

I'll take two now that I have been promoted to veteran on here.

• 2 packs for me and enter me for the box. Thanks.

#CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

I'll take 2 packs please, and an entry in the drawing for the box. Thanks!

Go Dodgers!
  • cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for two packs and would also like to be entered for the box.

edited January 17, 2017 2:27AM

Late night update! I thought I was done for the night after I saw Oakesy's post. I'm getting old, I thought it was getting late at 10pm, lol. I figured there would be packs available for people to double dip at the 24 hour mark but now it is looking like there may not be many if any at all. This box looks like it may be getting busted earlier than expected. Calling it a night for now. Thanks to all the participants!

Updated through cecropiamoth. Also, if you see a star by your name that indicates that you have been entered for the empty box drawing. If anyone who reserved packs forgot about this, feel free to reply in the thread and you can be entered all the way up until payment request is posted.

Steve
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

2 packs if available

Robb

Of course, empty box enter me.

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2017 7:37AM

2 packs please

If you are doing a drawing for the box I would like to be in also

Thank you

On a side note I am looking for very nicely centered and no defects of a few NY Yankee cards in psa 9
    20 munson
    55 Bonds (Yes looks like many have a yellow spot)
    160 Nettles
    183 Stottlemyre
    426 Medich

Not looking to steal them as I am a pure collector

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 packs

If you are doing a drawing for the box I would like to be in too.

Thanks,

BC

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • w785w785 Posts: 35 ✭✭

2 packs please and entry for the drawing for the empty box. Thanks!!!!

• GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

2 packs plus drawing for box. Look like Im the first on the waitlist :)

• tmgrnzx9rtmgrnzx9r Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Please put me down for 2 packs for backup and also for box.
    Thanks

• I'd like to be on the wait list for 1. Been years since I've been a part of a break

Just got to work and I see the box break is full. And in less than 24 hours! Thanks to everyone who has reserved a slot. Grimster, tmgrnzx9r and SirLurksALot you are first, second and third on the waitlist, respectively.

In the meantime it is time to pay! Since everyone who reserved packs happened to reserve two it will be simple. Please send either $150 via PayPal Friends and Family or $156 via PayPal Goods to:

slum22@hotmail.com

When you pay please just leave a message in the notes section with your CU user name so I can update the thread with who has paid. Also if you pay by PP Friends and Family which would be my preference and much appreciated then please send a PM with your mailing address or else leave your address in the notes section while paying.

Once I have received payments for all 36 packs I will do the drawing for the empty box.

Thanks again,

Steve

Note: This message is also at the top of the first post so people can access it easily.

Steve

You've sent $150.00 to slum22@hotmail.com

• w785w785 Posts: 35 ✭✭

Paid, thanks again!!

Paid, see paypal notes for address.

Thanks for doing this!

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck to all! Post some pix - love me some '75 minis.

Daniel
  • secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭

thanks slum

paid earlier. Use my pp addy please. ty

• All paid up! See paypal notes for address.

Thank you!
    Brian

I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • OddRodzOddRodz Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Paid and packs will be opened. :)

• ugaskidawgugaskidawg Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

Sent - Thanks Steve.

Thanks for the quick payment guys. Looks like I better go pick up some shipping boxes :)

Steve
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

paid thank u again

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

paid for my 2. Thanks, Steve.

Jeff

• dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭

Paid for my 2. Would love to be in the box drawing if I still can. Thx for putting this together. George Brett is coming home!

• Paid. Thanks for organizing!

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

paid!! thank you!

@dtsa said:
    Paid for my 2. Would love to be in the box drawing if I still can. Thx for putting this together. George Brett is coming home!

You are in for the box drawing. Good luck to you and all those who rip. I hope Brett and Yount make appearances.

Steve

Paid list updated. We are 78% home. Thanks again to all for the quick payments.

Steve
  • MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭

Paid - Thanks so much!

Go Dodgers!
  • Balco 758 all paid

thanks steve

we cant break...if you dont pay!

• GrimsterGrimster Posts: 286 ✭✭✭

@Balco3 said:
    Balco 758 all paid

thanks steve

Why doesn't Balco758 post that he paid instead of a random account named Balco3 (with 2 posts)? Just seems fishy...

It'd be like me creating a new account claiming that another member had paid. Essentially allowing me to "steal" that spot since the group breaker is just going to see a payment and that in the notes its for "insert username here".

Haven't had my coffee yet...maybe Im just in a cynical mood....

• @Grimster said:

@Balco3 said:
    Balco 758 all paid

thanks steve

Why doesn't Balco758 post that he paid instead of a random account named Balco3 (with 2 posts)? Just seems fishy...

It'd be like me creating a new account claiming that another member had paid. Essentially allowing me to "steal" that spot since the group breaker is just going to see a payment and that in the notes its for "insert username here".

Haven't had my coffee yet...maybe Im just in a cynical mood....

Not cynical at all- I just saw it and raised an eyebrow....and I've had plenty of coffee