Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Comments

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Placing a value on any note without being able to physically examine or knowing it's honest actual grade is tough to do.The notes are clearly circulated but can't be sure of the grade or if it will achieve the "Q"(as with the example from Heritage).Another point to make is that the actual amount to the consignor for the Heritage example was $950(the rest was the buyer's premium).Also,keep in mind that these are plentiful and folks can be very picky when it comes to high denominations.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2016 1:14PM

If you are just collecting to collect, what matters is does it feel like a "deal" to you at that price. I got a ratty $500 note, years ago, for something like $650. Nothing special at all, but I had always wanted a $500 note and now I have one. The link you shared shows a good note, but as to market value, I don't know. Nice note, overall, but check eBay to compare.

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN
  • lol. your calling some else a newbie?

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Even apparently high end notes have to be thoroughly examined, especially uncertified ones. “True wisdom is knowing what you don't know”.