Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question after first submission

Hello all. Nube here.

Submitted a bunch of cards. Most of the grades make sense (although some a bit disappointing), EXCEPT this one.

Does this look like a VG 3 card? Even just comparing to the 4s, 5s, 6s, and 7s I got on the rest, it does not seem to fit PSA guidelines. I just spent 10 minutes with a loupe and there are no hidden wrinkles. I did not specify no qualifiers.

VERY confused. So:

1. Does it look right to you?

2. Is there any option other than just cracking it out and paying them to do it again? Will they accept a request to look at something they already graded?imageimage

Comments

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had to guess, the small portion on the top right edge would deem it a PSA 3. I had one of the Topps micro come back with a similar result.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Could that be a small pencil mark on the back upper right corner? If not, that's a crazy grade.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Right edge, blue area, next to the circular Yaz photo. Hard to tell given the small size/resolution of the scan, so just guessing, but that looks like a possible dent... the start of some paper loss. May have been viewed like rubber band damage... that would take it down a few grades.

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards and welcome to the flip game. You need to crack and resubmit. Good luck.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: SidePocket
    Could that be a small pencil mark on the back upper right corner? If not, that's a crazy grade.

For the millionth time

MK and MC are qualifiers that will still be placed on a card even if "No qualifiers" are specifically asked for.

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: RipublicaninMass
    Originally posted by: SidePocket

For the millionth time

MK and MC are qualifiers that will still be placed on a card even if "No qualifiers" are specifically asked for.

Again
  • Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Cakes
    Welcome to the boards and welcome to the flip game. You need to crack and resubmit. Good luck.

How do u crak it open ?
    BEST WAY
  • Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very carefully!! Use some nice wire cutters and a screw driver. Clip all 4 corners and gradually pry open all around until you can pop it in half. Might want to do the corner clipping in plastic bag as you will have a lot of tiny pieces flying every where.

Also just google how to crack a psa case and you will find videos.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lawyer05
    Originally posted by: Cakes

How do u crak it open ?
    BEST WAY

Materials: Hammer, sandwich baggie, flathead screwdriver, CS1
    1. Place upper corner of slab in sandwich baggie and hammer on hard surface
    2. Be thankful you used the baggie so shards didn't fly everywhere
    3. Knock off remaining loose shards
    4. Insert flathead and twist until it pops (wide, thin flatheads work best IMHO)
    5. Repeat step 4, working your way around the slab as necessary
    6. Throw top of slab in baggie, flip bottom of slab over and catch card
    7. Place card in CS1
    8. Save flip in pile to send to PSA eventually to clean up the pop report
    9. Remainder of flip in baggie, close baggie, and discard

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad they responded because I haven't cracked a new flip yet.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.