Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Paul J. Bosco Auction 18.: The Hal Walls Collection of World Trade Coins

Maybe it's a longshot, but does anyone have this catalog? I recently purchased a chopmarked 1780 Holland Ducaton (KM 90) that came with a little insert noting Hal Walls. I'm curious if this coin was featured in the 1997 auction noted in the title.

Thanks in advance, if anyone has the catalog and can take a look.

Comments

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ANS Library has a copy. Bosco Auction 18

For a fee, you can have the librarian send you a photocopy or scan. Or ask Paul Bosco himself, perhaps?
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I may have to go one of these routes if nothing else turns up. I also emailed Paul himself to ask...you never know. I found his website. He looks like a coin guy.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I have the catalog. I didn't see it on a quick check. Will try again tomorrow. How about a picture of the coin?
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MrEureka

Yes, I have the catalog. I didn't see it on a quick check. Will try again tomorrow. How about a picture of the coin?

Thanks for checking. Long story short, coin arrives tomorrow (with a bunch of others!) but a separate package of other items like labels and flips arrived today. Will post a picture of the coin soon.

I found an old eBay listing for this catalog with many pictures of random pages. My jaw dropped, what a collection that was squarely within my area of interest. Sure wish I had been collecting seriously when this auction happened. image I'll have to pick up this catalog regardless!
  • Options
    Bump for the morning crowd...
  • Options
    Coin finally arrived, here are quick iPhone snaps:

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just took a more thorough look through the catalog. It not there. Awesome catalog though.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    Thanks Andy, I really appreciate it.

Ended up ordering the catalog anyway since it looks especially interesting to me. Ordered from an ancient coin dealer in England, so it could take a while!
  • Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: OriginalDan
    Thanks Andy, I really appreciate it.

Ended up ordering the catalog anyway since it looks especially interesting to me. Ordered from an ancient coin dealer in England, so it could take a while!

I believe it's less insulting if you used 'superannuated' instead of 'ancient' when referring to that dealer's advanced age.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• Options
    ancient coin dealer

Description was intentionally ambiguous. image