Dimeman conniption fit in 3, 2, 1...

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

He might just need to retire .
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, 4-12!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: galaxy27
    Dimeman conniption fit in 3, 2, 1...

No fit here. We are better off without him. The guy who played against Miami will do just fine.

Jerry is not the sharpest knife in the drawer...he should have never resigned him to a big contract. I hope he can get out of it.

Romo needs to retire! He is a neverwas has been!

Very good career numbers.....just not a winner when it counts!

Go away Tony...do us all a favor.

Edited to add.....maybe we could talk Manning out of retirement!!!! That would be such an upgrade.....it couldn't be measured.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Justacommeman

I'm sure you have more to say than that.image
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romo is so fragile now. Every time I watch him I am afraid he is going to break.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    Did you even watch Manning play last season? And that was for a Super Bowl championship team. Imagine him on the Cowpokes...wince. Maybe you can bring Staubach, too, while you're at it,. LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15
    Did you even watch Manning play last season? And that was for a Super Bowl championship team. Imagine him on the Cowpokes...wince. Maybe you can bring Staubach, too, while you're at it,. LOL..

I guarantee you Manning is still better that Romo. And so is Brady and that bum in Green Bay.

Seriously there are many QB's out there right now better than Romo.

Besides....Manning would have the best OL in football in front of him. And that new RB is gonna wreck havock on the league this year.

• Options
    Originally posted by: DIMEMAN

I guarantee you Manning is still better that Romo. And so is Brady and that bum in Green Bay.

Besides....Manning would have the best OL in football in front of him. And that new RB is gonna wreck havock on the league this year.

You saw how pitiful Dallas was last season without Romo. Expect not much more this season, either.

I know you don't like Romo, but he was the main reason the Cowboys even made the playoffs during his tenure.

• Options

Originally posted by: Justacommeman

I'm sure you have more to say than that.image

Nope. There were so many gems in your reply I'm still wrapping by head around them. You are a national forum treasure

mark

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

You saw how pitiful Dallas was last season without Romo. Expect not much more this season, either.

I know you don't like Romo, but he was the main reason the Cowboys even made the playoffs during his tenure.

Last year we didn't have a running game thanks to the defection of DM (so glad he had such a pitiful year playing for the beagles). I like this new QB we have. And the running game should be much better. We will see. We need to move on. Romo should really retire before he has an injury that will affect his retirement.

Move on Cowboys ..... Romo is done. He never got it done and never will!

Give it up man.......REALLY! Let's move on.

• Options
    What happened to the running game last season? I thought you said you had the best OL in football? image

• Options

Your QB's name is Dak Prescott and your running back is Ezekial Elliot. I think Elliot's season will be somewhat compromised since opposing defensives can now load the box now with Rome out.

mark

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely tough deal for the Cowboys, and this injury really has nothing to do with Romo being fragile because that was a very awkward tackle. Their backup QB actually looked pretty good so anything is possible, you never know he could replace Romo as the starter. Good luck Cowboys
  • Options
    What happened to the running game last season? I thought you said you had the best OL in football? image

It takes more than a OL....you need a good RB also.

I really don't want to argue about Romo any more.

Some of you like him....I do not. The Cowboys are going to do whatever they do.

It's not the same organization that it was back in the glory years.....with the good owners and Tom Landry as coach. Plus they knew how to draft.

Those days are gone and I really don't think we will be any good until 3 things happen.

1) New owner

2) New Head Coach

3) New QB
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭
    Romo could return at some point during and lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory and some fans would still not be happy.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: dfr52
    Romo could return at some point during and lead the Cowboys to a Super Bowl victory and some fans would still not be happy.

This will happen when pigs fly.image
  • Options

TTT

Lifelong Detroit Tigers Fan
  • Options

Thanks for bringing this back. Did I call this right or not? ;)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

My bad, shoulda clarified.

Cowboys' season is effectively over............when they play Seattle in January.

:p

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    My bad, shoulda clarified.

Cowboys' season is effectively over............when they play Seattle in January.

:p

You will have to come to Big "D" to do it! B)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

After declaring the Cubs had absolutely no chance after Game 4 of the WS, you needed this one, lol..

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

After declaring the Cubs had absolutely no chance after Game 4 of the WS, you needed this one, lol..

I'll take this one over the Cub one any day!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Dallas will lose three of the six remaining games.

I got my sources :wink:

• Options

@LotsoLuck said:
    Dallas will lose three of the six remaining games.

I got my sources :wink:

Looking at the remaining schedule I don't see anybody that scares me. Barring injuries and getting back all of our defense...we could win out. I don't expect that, but it could happen. The teams that scared me the most were Cin., Pitts. and Balt. and we won all of those. The games with the Redskins, Eagles and Giants will be tuff because they always are.

• Options
    travis ttravis t Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Good heavens. Did the NFC Least just become the most exciting division in pro football?

• Options
    edited November 21, 2016 10:06AM

@travis t said:
    Good heavens. Did the NFC Least just become the most exciting division in pro football?

In many many years the NFC East has been the best division in the NFL.

Right now they have the most wins of any division.

And I believe they have won the most Super Bowls of all the divisions. B)

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big D is rolling.

The defending Champs, aka Little D, are a half game behind the Raiders as I type this. Who knows how the Broncs will fair the rest of the season. Hopefully they will get rolling and win the AFC West on the last day of the regular season in Game 2 vs. Oakland in Denver.

• Options

The offensive line in Dallas is impressive. The QB and RB, not so much.

• Options

@SirLurksALot said:
    The offensive line in Dallas is impressive. The QB and RB, not so much.

Zeke is the best RB in the NFL right now and Dak is one of the best QB's.....that's all!

• Options

@travis t said:

Yep from irrelevant to must see TV

Cowboys do like like a top 3 team right now. Impressive and that OL is UNBELIEVABLE

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@travis t said:

Cowboys do like like a top 3 team right now. Impressive and that OL is UNBELIEVABLE

mark

The Cowboys are #1 in the power rankings right now. What 2 teams are you putting ahead of them?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@travis t said:

mark

The Cowboys are #1 in the power rankings right now. What 2 teams are you putting ahead of them?

I said top 3 as they are one of the best three teams IMO. I think you could make a case for the Patriots or Seahawks. I think on a neural site that the Patriouts or Seahawks would be favored over the Cowboys.

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@travis t said:

mark

I said top 3 as they are one of the best three teams IMO. I think you could make a case for the Patriots or Seahawks. I think on a neural site that the Patriouts or Seahawks would be favored over the Cowboys.

mark

Those are 2 pretty good teams.....especially NE. If we beat the Seahawks in the NFC Championship and then beat the Pats in the Super Bowl that would dispel your assumption.....right? ;)

• Options
    edited November 21, 2016 9:00PM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@travis t said:

mark

mark

Those are 2 pretty good teams.....especially NE. If we beat the Seahawks in the NFC Championship and then beat the Pats in the Super Bowl that would dispel your assumption.....right? ;)

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Justacommeman said:

@travis t said:

mark

mark

Yep. Both those teams have better coaches and better and more experienced QB's. The Cowboys offensive line is the best I've even seen the first 10 games of the year. I'm not sold on their defense.

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

Yep. Both those teams have better coaches and better and more experienced QB's. The Cowboys offensive line is the best I've even seen the first 10 games of the year. I'm not sold on their defense.

mark

I'm not that crazy about Garrett either. The OL is very very good, but not quite as great as the 90's OL.

Dak is playing like a veteran. We need our defensive players back from injury and jail. Then nobody scares me.

• Options

Let's add Oakland to the mix. They are terrific and talented

mark

• Options
    edited November 21, 2016 9:56PM

@Justacommeman said:
    Let's add Oakland to the mix. They are terrific and talented

mark

They do look good. Del Rio played LB for the Cowboys for a couple of years in the late 80's.

• Options

Current Vegas odds to win the Suoer Bowl

1) New England 13-5
    2) Seattle 5-1
    3) Dallas 11-2
    4) Pittsburgh 15-1 ( surprising to me)
    5) Oakland 16-1

mark

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Well the first one is wrong. Yeah Pittsburgh, whodda thunkit?

• Options

I don't see Pittsburgh even making the playoffs.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I don't see Pittsburgh even making the playoffs.

They are tied for first and the third & 4th place teams stink. They have a great shot getting in.

Mark

• Options

Even the team they're tied for first with stinks, too. They should win that division by default. Advancing in the postseason is another story, though.

• Options

Record wise that division stinks, but there are teams in there that can raise up and bite you.

• Options

They only have to beat Baltimore to get to the tourney

Again not my odds. This is current Vegas odds

mark

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2016 6:37PM

The Steelers are like a tropical depression forming off the coast of Africa during hurricane season -- myriad unknowns, yet the conditions are ripe. If those weapons on offense really start to gel (and eschew injuries), they could spin at 130+. Conversely, they could also be sheared into oblivion by upper-level winds (i.e., if Ben, Bell or Brown goes down and/or that suspect D doesn't up its game).

That's why they are on the radar at 15-1. They are worth monitoring.

• Options
    edited November 22, 2016 6:43PM

@DIMEMAN said:
    Record wise that division stinks, but there are teams in there that can raise up and bite you.

That could happen, sure, but the division still stinks.

Baltimore is lucky to even be 5-5. They pulled a couple of games out of the fire.

Cinci may have been a spoiler but with no Green and Bernard, they are even worse off now than they were.

Pittsburgh can beat any team any Sunday but cannot be counted on to actually follow through with that...the hurricane analogy fits them very well, lol..

• Options

A Super Bowl has been won with a 9-7 record in the regular season

Mark

• Options
    edited November 22, 2016 8:04PM

My dream is that Prescott gets injured ( turf toe nothing serious ) and Romo rises from the ashes.

Look Romo carried this franchise on his broken back for years with the patchwork quilt also known as as the Dallas Cowboys . It would be an ironic beautiful twist of fate if Romo had to rescue them.

Mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    My dream is that Prescott gets injured ( turf toe nothing serious ) and Romo rises from the ashes.

Look Romo carried this franchise on his broken back for years with the patchwork quilt also known as as the Dallas Cowboys . It would be an ironic beautiful twist of fate if Romo had to rescue them.

Mark

No way....he (Romo) doesn't deserve it. My dream is they trade Romo to somebody and we meet them in the SB and totally destroy them sacking Romo 6 times and 7 pick 6's. A fitting ending to ROMO's career. :)