Home U.S. Coin Forum

Goodbye, round Pan-Pac $50 - Hello, toned 1820/19 Bust half.

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
What action did I just perform?

Hint: anybody who knows me will realize that I did not just sell one of those ciins and buy the other

My grubby little peasant fingers would never be allowed near such leviathans.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• jtlee321jtlee321 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing a trip to the bank and a deposit box swap.. Time to bring home a new work of art to admire.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close, but no cigar.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • dadamsdadams Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    Changed your desktop?
    Hint #2, for more specifics.

The Pan-Pac is PCGS MS64+.

The 1820/19 half is Square Base 2, PCGS MS65+ (Pogue).

• BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭
    You traded one for the other?
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change in screensaver??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • UltraHighReliefUltraHighRelief Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS calendar?
  • BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flipped the page on your PCGS calendar. I enjoyed the Pan Pan $50
  • USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh the PCGS calendar is great!!
    Originally posted by: UltraHighRelief

PCGS calendar?

DingDingDing- we have some winners!

Hint #3 was going to be, "I performed this action slightly early".

I am glad to be through July at last.

Now if I can just survive August and most of September when Indian Summer arrives, I'll be OK.

Thanks for playing! image

• USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed it by 60 seconds. I'll admit I turned the page a few days early myself
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was my first thought, the PCGS Calendar.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • coinlieutenantcoinlieutenant Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Missed it, but I wouldn't have gotten it anyway. image

Strangely though, I was thinking about you today. Just started and binge watched a cool series on Netflix (Im sick at home) called "The Last Kingdom". About King Alfred the Great. I know that time period and coins of the day were of interest to you. It is interesting and entertaining as well.
  • CladiatorCladiator Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Just started and binge watched a cool series on Netflix (Im sick at home) called "The Last Kingdom". About King Alfred the Great.

Sounds cool, thanks Lt. It's in my list for the next binge.
    Originally posted by: coinlieutenant

Missed it, but I wouldn't have gotten it anyway. image

Strangely though, I was thinking about you today. Just started and binge watched a cool series on Netflix (Im sick at home) called "The Last Kingdom". About King Alfred the Great. I know that time period and coins of the day were of interest to you. It is interesting and entertaining as well.

I switched from Netflix to Amazon Prime a while back, but I'll look for it.

Really, I could say that about a lot of eras, and coins. I love the whole epic scope of world history.

Even the time before coins, though things definitely get much more fun after 700 BC or so. image

England is definitely one of my more favorite places to read and watch movies about.

Hope you feel better. image

• LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Lord M, this might have been one of the most original and pertinent PCGS Forum threads I have ever seen. Nice job image

My pcgs calendar is supposed to be hanging on my office wall, filled with upcoming shows / cons. But for the past few months it's been sitting in my file cabinet drawer. I started directing a summer camp program three years ago, and as it has grown, so has my summer diminished.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lucky dog!

And thanks for reminding me to flip to the next centerfold.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file