Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Who here likes the hippopotamus coins?

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
Totally and randomly noticed there is a slabbed proof one in the last lot of the next weekly Heritage auction.

Linkage

I don't remember who it was that liked the hippos.

Comments

• Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Aren't you required to append the official hippo song when you post a hippo coin?

as required by law
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hadn't heard that in ages!

Somewhere out there is a collector of hippo coins (or perhaps it was a gift for an offspring who collected hippos?). I can't dig through my pms to figure it out, so hopefully they'll run across this --assuming hippos are still cool. How could hippos not be cool?

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gals/guys are too funny. I've never heard that song in my life.
  • Options
    AndresAndres Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Will the Coin be delivered with a hippocopter to my home ?

collector of Greek banknotes - most beautifull world banknotes - Greek & Roman ancient coins.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    FWIW, that vid was from the October 1953 Ed Sullivan variety TV show so is ~60 years old. No I don't remember it, but do recall the show in the 1960s when it was on Sunday evenings opposite Disney's show which, to my disappointment as a little tyke, I rarely was able to watch.

Entertainment seems to have changed a bit over the past 6 decades.
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    NapNap Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭