edited August 1, 2017 8:38AM in Precious Metals
This thread has gone sideways.

Comments

• cmanbbcmanbb Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TTT
    TTT
  • NVUNVU Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    I don't see much response to this thread, perhaps eBay might be your best bet. However, the 4oz, 7oz, 25oz and 1/2kilo could be a challenge. Good luck!
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: NVU

I don't see much response to this thread

Just because it wasn't made public doesn't mean something didn't occur image

When posting threads on the BST, how often do you see people actually responding to the thread? I'd bet as high as 95% of the time a message is sent. Anyway, just sayin'.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    edited August 1, 2017 8:39AM
    Ok

I've managed to locate and buy 7 bars (3oz, 25 oz & 1/2 kilos). Persistence pays off.

Nicely done! Now the hunt continues.....

• Have not been active on the board for a long time but have many past deals with forum members. Anyways is this the type of bar your looking for?

"If you hit a midget on the head with a stick, he turns into 40 gold coins." - Patty Oswalt
    edited August 1, 2017 8:40AM
    Ok
    edited August 1, 2017 8:40AM
    Ok
  • ashelandasheland Posts: 22,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great bars! image
    Very nice group you have there, bull logo bars are awesome.

Yeah 4oz and 7oz are pricey, but good things come in small packages ??

TTT

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bars..... and most responses are by PM.... that is how I normally do it... Cheers, RickO

edited August 1, 2017 8:41AM

Ok

ttt

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally don't have any problem with this thread, JMO :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

ttt

edited August 1, 2017 8:41AM

TTT

• Geckster109Geckster109 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

Can you imagine how cluttered this PM forum would be if everyone created their own personal WTB/WTS thread? Why this isn't in the monthly PM BST thread is beyond my comprehension.

edited August 1, 2017 8:42AM

Ok

@cmanbb said:

Hasn't been an issue since I posted this back in May 2016, don't know why there is now, oh that's right you've been a member for almost 3 months now as this thread was started over a year before you joined. Great policing on your part. Maybe you should report this thread to an admin. If it's not allowed have them remove it, and I apologize in advance if they have to remove it on my part for cluttering this forum, and challenging your comprehensiveness or the lack of.

So YOU'RE the guy, huh? The guy who merges onto the off ramp at the last second instead of waiting in traffic like others.....the guy who is obviously much more important than everyone else. The things you want to buy/sell are MUCH more valid than what other users here want, thus necessitating the creation of a personal classified ad. After further consideration, you are right. I'd absolutely hate to see your spam get lost in the sea of other requests in the monthly thread specifically created for the purpose of obtaining or liquidating items. There is no way that you should have to play by the same rules as all others because it is now blatantly obvious you are far more important! But what would I know? I only just discovered these forums a few months ago like you said. I am just a nobody. My deepest apologies.

• carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

Loves me some shiny!
    edited August 1, 2017 8:43AM

Ok

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no formal rule but this forum has customarily set up a monthly consolidated BST thread so this forum isn't overwhelmed with a bunch of individual BST threads. Until now no one has complained and everyone seemed to agree with this custom and it seems to have worked out quite well.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Ok

Funny how he keeps referring to me as a "3 month" member as if this is some union shop with seniority rights! :D:D:D

You want to play the "numbers" game cmanbb? Ok, lets do it!

You have been here 13 years compared to my 3 months. You have More than 4 times the number of posts, yet I have TWICE as many "likes" TEN TIMES as many "LOL's", and FOUR times as many "agrees". Meaning that my contribution to this place in just 3 months vastly eclipses your contribution over the last 156 months!

See how stupid playing the numbers can be?

@Geckster109 said:

You have been here 13 years compared to my 3 months. You have More than 4 times the number of posts, yet I have TWICE as many "likes" TEN TIMES as many "LOL's", and FOUR times as many "agrees". Meaning that my contribution to this place in just 3 months vastly eclipses your contribution over the last 156 months!

See how stupid playing the numbers can be?

I don't think he is aware that you've been here many years under the name Gecko109 before you had to change your name. Not sure why you had to change your name and start all over here but I'm guessing it's because you lost your old account during the software change over.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Geckster109 said:

You have been here 13 years compared to my 3 months. You have More than 4 times the number of posts, yet I have TWICE as many "likes" TEN TIMES as many "LOL's", and FOUR times as many "agrees". Meaning that my contribution to this place in just 3 months vastly eclipses your contribution over the last 156

Oh yea????
    Well my Dad can beat up your Dad!!!

Ok

@cmanbb said:

hahahahahahaha
    Hey everybody, look what I can do. With the new software change a few months ago, you can all see how popular i am now with all my likes, and stuff

YOU were the one who wanted to bring up stats and numbers kid....im just playing along.

@PerryHall said:

I don't think he is aware that you've been here many years under the name Gecko109 before you had to change your name. Not sure why you had to change your name and start all over here but I'm guessing it's because you lost your old account during the software change over.

Shhhhhhh! You're spoiling all the fun!

We all have a common interest in PM's so can't we all just get along? Life is too short for all this bickering.

Ok, Cmanbb......im sorry that I pointed out that nobody in this forum except you feels important enough to create a personal BST thread while every single other member here utilizes the monthly BST thread for their personal acquisitions. It was wrong for me to single you out.....among the hundreds of other users who play by the unwritten rules. You can do whatever you want because like I said earlier.....YOUR wants/needs/desires are far more important than all the other members here who contribute to this great forum. I suggest in fact that you bump your post a few times a day.....make sure everyone sees your spamola! Wouldn't want to miss any opportunities to help YOURSELF now, would ya? Perhaps even consider doing a separate thread for each of the different sized bars maybe? This way, you can even further clutter up a forum that already has a dedicated thread specifically designed for the purpose in which you need. Can we be friends again Cmanbb? I was WAY out of line!

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    We all have a common interest in PM's so can't we all just get along? Life is too short for all this bickering.

Well said, PH!

I enjoy looking at cmanbb bars pic and reading Geckster109 posts. Let's hug it out folks....

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Clutter, here on pm forum, on par with global warming...

keceph `anah
  • mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Let them fight it out like men is what I say

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have ZERO issue with the OP starting his own buy thread.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Using the PM BST is a courtesy to others not a requirement.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• basetsbbasetsb Posts: 508 ✭✭✭✭

There's a 100 oz bar at the local shop. 1,200 something

@basetsb_coins on Instagram

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

1200 something bucks for a 100 oz bar? No way........thats way under spot............

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

lol, y no way? ...

keceph `anah

@mkman123 said:
    1200 something bucks for a 100 oz bar? No way........thats way under spot............

The guy said 1,285 I believe. 100 troy ounces

@basetsb said:

@mkman123 said:

You should have bought it and then flipped it here on the BST for a nice profit.

@PerryHall said:

@basetsb said:

@mkman123 said:

You should have bought it and then flipped it here on the BST for a nice profit.

I was trying to see if the guy who made the topic here was interested.

edited August 1, 2017 8:44AM

Ok

@basetsb said:

@PerryHall said:

@basetsb said:

@mkman123 said:

You could sell an Engelhard bar at melt to several forum members here without any trouble. I'm guessing it's long gone by now if it was priced at $1285.

@PerryHall said:

@basetsb said:

@PerryHall said:

@basetsb said:

@mkman123 said:

You could sell an Engelhard bar at melt to several forum members here without any trouble. I'm guessing it's long gone by now if it was priced at $1285.

It's not. I had it in my hand about 30 mins ago