Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Charmy's 2016 CSNS Show Report and SPECIAL OT Report w/Lots of Pics!

2»

Comments

• Options
    GeorgeKelloggGeorgeKellogg Posts: 1,251 ✭✭
    Charmy, good luck and Godspeed -- as you and Lou recover from this setback! Remember that dark clouds often have a silver lining -- or a copper one, in your case ??.
    "Clamorous for Coin"
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes for your husband's full recovery.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, Charmy. What a harrowing trip, roadshow, and off road show. Forget the coins this time from me. My best to you and yours . Thank you for sharing your life and times with us. I read the name "Taryn", and that's my youngest granddaughter's name.

But cats ? Never mind. May your husband heal quick and quit creating drama for mama. image
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad you share his enthusiasm, and know that he has racing 'in his soul.'

I've built and drag raced Harley Davidson's since 1980, had a severe crash in 2003, competitor went out of his groove and nailed me at 160+ MPH.

Was out, as in coma for a week, just a 'skitchen' from a fatal spinal injury.

No permanent damage, did have severe amnesia for at least 6 months, home from ICU, thought I was living where I lived 20 years ago, (scared the heck out of my Wife), I slowly came back to the future, the present.

Put 'Lightning', my trusty H-D back together, made one more run, set class track record just me and the tree.

Then sold it, now I relax and build really powerful street motors.

I just had to do it one more time to prove that I could.

Lou will make the right decision, glad he 'over built' his racer.

God Bless You All. (sorry to ramble, I can always blame that on 'noggin trauma.!)
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    Just now seeing this - glad it worked out as well as it possibly could have. Tough stuff to have to go through for you both.
    Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

Charmy
    Just read this. Hope everything is going fine.
    Wishing the best to both you and Lou.

raja
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charmy . . ..all the best and a fast recovery for Lou!

Lakes . . . . .yuk. At least I am ahead of the curve. I'll be back before they think !!!!

Wish I had at least been doing a manly thing like Lou !!!

Drunner
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    God Bless you and yours and God Bless all those that helped save your husbands life. Here's to a full and speedy recovery image
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a message from my hubby Lou to all of you:

"This is the first day I've felt like part of the human race again, even after the halo man came by and "screwed" me yesterday (he tightened the screws in my halo and boy, did it hurt!).

I just want to thank everyone who has kept me in their prayers and thoughts and have wished me well though this ordeal. I want to thank my wife Charmy and each of my friends who have gotten me through this so far. You cannot imagine how much your support has meant to me during this time. Again, I just want to say thank you to you all.

As Timbuk 3 said in their 80's song:

"Things are going great, and they're only getting better

I'm doing all right, getting good grades

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades"

Again, your support and prayers are very much appreciated, thank you."

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou looks ready for anything. Like, maybe a part in the next Mad Max movie!
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Charmy, you and Lou have an inspiring relationship, living life to the fullest. God bless the both of you. Hopefully the moans and groans of the next two months don't get you down, but be a reminder how life is good.
    Paul
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd give a little update. Lou is doing better each day and I have to remind him not to do too much. He gets around pretty well, just still has trouble sleeping, even with a wedge pillow. Also, some of Lou's Car 161 Team members brought back his truck and some of what was left of his car in Mexico. (Another team member brought home the engine and transmission which will be here later this week.) The guys were able to bring back a lot of parts from the car, but this piece is all that they got off the frame (which remains on the side of the mountain in Mexico) - it's the panel that was on the roof of the car.

They also brought back his helmet which is pretty beat up and has a good-sized crack. Even though Lou received a concussion and a fractured neck and back in the crash, this helmet saved his life. Every day I look at my sweet Lou, I am so grateful he is here with me.

Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Charmy.

So glad that you hubby is doing well. Take care of him. image

Mike
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you said, that helmet probably saved Lou's life. You should display it somewhere in your home where everyone can see it.
    Mark

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watching from the sidelines . . . .as I usually do. So glad to hear things are continually looking better.

Thanks again for the superb introduction . . . the pair of nice cents . . . and the rendition of Stairway. I will be back when you are in the area . . .with another bottle from the sanctuary . .

Drunner
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: kaz
    Lou looks ready for anything. Like, maybe a part in the next Mad Max movie!

he will retire to a quiet life

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file