Home Precious Metals

10% over $50 Aug 10th and 11th

Comments

• silversirensilversiren Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: TJM965
    Originally posted by: Cakes
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121841185635

Only for the people who have the 10% ebay bucks. Should be in one of your front banners if you have it.

Grab this while you can, with the $100 back, your price becomes $1214.49, way under spot price

Cakes. I don't believe this item is eligible for Ebay bucks since it is listed under bullion.

It doesn't qualify for ebay bucks now, they must have updated it because this morning I can confirm that it *did* qualify for the 5x ebaybucks image
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: silversiren
    Originally posted by: TJM965
    Originally posted by: Cakes
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121841185635

Only for the people who have the 10% ebay bucks. Should be in one of your front banners if you have it.

Grab this while you can, with the $100 back, your price becomes $1214.49, way under spot price

Cakes. I don't believe this item is eligible for Ebay bucks since it is listed under bullion.

It doesn't qualify for ebay bucks now, they must have updated it because this morning I can confirm that it *did* qualify for the 5x ebaybucks image

The listing may have been reported to ebay by someone who didn't get the promo for violating "search manipulation" due to incorrect category.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I am glad some of you got in. I can't take all the credit, I actually found the deal on slickdeals.net
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

TODAY UNTIL 6PM PT only FLASH SALE 8% over $100
  • NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

TODAY UNTIL 6PM PT only FLASH SALE 8% over $100

Yup, I got it on both my seller's and buyer's accts. Looks like I gotta get down to some serious looksie-ing!

I'll come up with something.
  • USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    I got it...
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Didnt get it. eBay hates me now. Been nearly a year since I have rec'd ebay bux.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any predictions for this coming week? I got the flash sale offer but was busy with business travel but have some purchases lined up for the next offer.
  • KISHU1KISHU1 Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭
    i just got a email from Ebay for 20% off a single purchase! What should I buy?

Thanks

Frank Dallessio
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, man!!! I want that one!

Is there a limit on categories or how much you can spend?
    It didn't list any items that you could not buy.

I just called Ebay to ask them about restrictions and they said it might be a spoof Emailimage

Frank Dallessio
    It didn't list any items that you could not buy.

I just called Ebay to ask them about restrictions and they said it might be a spoof Email

Did the email also appear in your Ebay Messages? All valid Ebay emails always appear (eventually) in your Ebay Messages folder. Sometimes the timing between the two is off, but they will always reconcile eventually.
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    !!! EBAY BUCKS FLASH 8% over $100 6/08 until 6 pm.

Also appeared in my eBay messages.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheapest 1 oz. gold eagle on eBay (not in bullion category) is $1365 minus $100 ebay bucks (for those with the 8% offer) = $1265 with free shipping.

With 2% cash back credit card, total cost is $1238.

Spot is currently $1261.50.

Nice $23 discount from spot.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

!!! EBAY BUCKS FLASH 8% over $100 6/08 until 6 pm.

Now this one I got! Already used it once on a cherry-pick...
  • FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    I received the 8% Bucks offer also. And as always, it excludes bullion items (and the usual others as well).

Be careful and read the conditions...
  • BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: FallGuy
    I received the 8% Bucks offer also. And as always, it excludes bullion items (and the usual others as well).

Be careful and read the conditions...

*ahem* Check linky

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    Excuse me, if the item is "categorized" as bullion then eBay's terms exclude it from the Ebucks deal.

Better? image
    Originally posted by: KISHU1

Thanks

Frank Dallessio

I got the same offer in my ebay messages. It was for a promo a few weeks back that said list and sell an item and receive a 20% off coupon. So I sold a single ASE with my buying account and today the coupon code arrived. Now if I can just get a bonus bucks offer to combine with it.

Bullion items are not always excluded from ebay bucks. Items listed in a bullion category are always excluded. Category chosen by the seller determines eligibility for ebay buck.

Got it, did not buy squat...

I don't like these 6 hour flash sales I just noticed it and its over This was a good one for lower priced items too , I had some camping gear on my watch list I would have loaded up a shopping cart.imageisgust;
    Excuse me, if the item is "categorized" as bullion then eBay's terms exclude it from the Ebucks deal.

Better? image

Those coins aren't listed under bullion. They're available for the bucks offer. Bookmark that link. I've been buying from that seller for months now because of their listing under US Coins; Lots. Their sales volume in bullion is high because of that.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

Originally posted by: BBN

Those coins aren't listed under bullion. They're available for the bucks offer. Bookmark that link. I've been buying from that seller for months now because of their listing under US Coins; Lots. Their sales volume in bullion is high because of that.

This is good to know, appreciate the tip.

So, as i mentioned earlier in the thread, ebay recently sent me a promotion "list and sell an item and get a 20% off coupon for a one-time purchase." I don't use the account for selling but went ahead and listed and sold an ASE for a net $1.10 profit. Coupon code arrives and does not specify a purchase amount limit. Only way I can apply the code is after I commit to buy. Of course I want to max out the coupon savings so I call ebay to find out the purchase amount limit. Their reply: "no limit."

Monster box maybe?

I received the same 20% offer and also called Ebay and they said no limit. Could this be?
    What would you buy?

Thanks

Frank Dallessio
    908-938-5000
    I received the same 20% offer and also called Ebay and they said no limit. Could this be?
    What would you buy?

Thanks

Frank Dallessio
    908-938-5000

ASEs, as many as one can find in a single listing depending on their cash situation. Found a single listing for two monster boxes, but that's more cash than I want to scrape together. mine is good until the 20th, think I'll wait and see if a bonus bucks offer comes up or metal prices go down.

Originally posted by: BBN

This is good to know, appreciate the tip.

You're welcome. Glad I could help. image

I just received a Email for 6% Ebucks on purchases from Ebay, but its only good until 6PM Pacific Time today

Check out my silver listings using KISHU1

Good Luck

Frank Dallessio
    I just received a Email for 6% Ebucks on purchases from Ebay, but its only good until 6PM Pacific Time today

Check out my silver listings using KISHU1

Good Luck

Frank Dallessio

Me too, what to do? I am eyeing a nice Blue Note set...
    Good chance that the recent "flash" offers of 6% til 6 p.m. are replacing the 2 day, up to 10% bonus offers. Let's hope not. The less buyers take advantage of the flash offers, the more likely ebay will return to the 2 day offers to increase sales. I'm boycotting the flash offers.

Originally posted by: derryb
    Good chance that the recent "flash" offers of 6% til 6 p.m. are replacing the 2 day, up to 10% bonus offers. Let's hope not. The less buyers take advantage of the flash offers, the more likely ebay will return to the 2 day offers to increase sales. I'm boycotting the flash offers.

I agree the flash offers are not generous and are to short...
    I'm not a fan of the "flash" offers, either. They don't give enough time to work out deals with sellers. Many times in the past I've been able to work out a Buy it Now for an item that was listed as an auction style. But with only 6 hours to work with, the sellers often don't see the message until after the offer has closed...image
    The flash offers are a turn off to me, but I do a quick review of my watch list just in case, so far I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything by not taking advanage of them.
    As I explained above, I missed another one. A willing seller got back to me a little after 7:00 PM last night - too late for the enhanced Ebay Bucks deal. The short term nature of these deals doesn't make a lot of marketing sense. If you're going to do it, then do it in a useful way. A 6 hour window eliminates most eyeballs, especially a window in the middle of a working day.

Bump for new 6% no minimum offer
    Originally posted by: bronco2078

Bump for new 6% no minimum offer

Yep, for two days!

This should do it for this quarter for Ebay bucks so don't hold back.

Compared to last quarter I think the offers haven't been very good.
    next payout for ebay bucks is July 3

I wanted to start a new thread but I guess I'm still too new to the forum so forgive this offtopic post here. GovMint is selling their Discovery Channel 1oz Silver sharkweek rounds for 17.20 with free shipping on orders over $150 (limit of 10 rounds per customer) the code to get the offer is SHARK6 and of course buying 9 gets you silver under spot with free shipping but I assume most people will grab 10 while they're at it. Supposedly the mintage on the rounds is 10,000. HEADS UP
    Another corny offer...6% until tomorrow night at midnight.
    8% bonus buck July 20 and July 21. Be sure to click the "activate" button.

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Normally I get these ebay bucks offers on both, my buying and selling accounts. This time around, only on my selling acct. Odd...
    I'll come up with something.
    10% 8/2 - 8/3

be sure to click the "activate" button. This one begins at 5 AM PST.

Nice score for me. I already had $65 in gift cards from Swagbucks which dropped the price of my 1/4 oz AGE to $320 and that didn't include the $38 eBay bucks I got from this.

Bump for todays offer
  • OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Timely offer. I needed to replenish my stock of first class postage. Getting it a 63% of face (after bucks, swagbucks and CC rebate) warms my wallet.
    Bump for a new offer 6% no minimum through the 17th
    Pass, for me at least. Gotta wait until the middle of the next when I'm reloaded and hoping for something bigger. image

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx for the bump. It prompted me to check the 'bay...found a reasonable $2.5 Indian for my Registry.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,793 ✭✭✭✭✭

... because the devil is in the details.