Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Editing a thread is IMPOSSIBLE!

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's up with this anyway??

Way too many error messages! imageimageimageimage
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very hard. I still can't figure out how to do paragraphs. I can use
    to get a new line. That's best I've been able to do.

I wish PCGS would fix this.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

you should post some specs as i have virtually no errors/problems.

browser type/version

os type/version

device type/version

that is, if you would like to seek a solution. image

i know when i lose a post or pm for whatever reason, my bp usually rises 25%; so it is probably safe to say you would like the madness to end. image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    OS X 10.9.5

MacBook Pro

Safari

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    No problems here. Using IE.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

ff 35.0.1

win 8

dell tablet inspiron?

essentially, no problems.

when i get a 113 err, i have been able to go back w/o losing what ive typed.

there was another error i think but have received so few i dont recall.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Manorcourtman

This site worked for me before it was changed. Now it doesn't. I don't have these problems anywhere else.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think before you type.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, it works fine using the reply box at the bottom of the page.

But I try to edit any of my posts they get all screwed up.

Also, posting a new post doesn't work too well either, all formatting gets screwed up and pics don't work unless you use HTML code.

And private messages don't work very well either, can't post pics and can't scroll to the right of private messages that have pics that were posted from before the changeover.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully, these issues get address quickly. I've already noticed a significant decrease in the use of this forum since it was "upgraded." Just looking at the BST, posts used to get knocked off the first page in a matter of hours. Not so quickly anymore.

Would have edited my previous post to mention that... but then the formatting would have gone away!! image
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: illini420
    Hopefully, these issues get address quickly. I've already noticed a significant decrease in the use of this forum since it was "upgraded." Just looking at the BST, posts used to get knocked off the first page in a matter of hours. Not so quickly anymore.

Would have edited my previous post to mention that... but then the formatting would have gone away!! image

The boards do seem to have a different "feel" after the upgrade.

It seems like substantial posts may be fewer. Substantial posts and discussions really need the paragraph issue to be fixed.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any Mac, any browser, any version of OS. No paragraphs even using 'br' with a less than and greater than around the br (it erased it when I put it in after 'using').

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    Think before you type.

Same back at you. More than one reason to edit. image

I'm trying to edit a thread on samples that get's updated as new samples are issued or discovered.
  • Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I find myself making fewer posts since the forum software upgrade because of the paragraph formatting issues.

This includes editing previous posts as others have already mentioned.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Originally posted by: BillJones
    It's very hard. I still can't figure out how to do paragraphs. I

can use to get a new line. That's best I've been able to do.

Originally posted by:BillJones

It's very hard.

I still can't figure out how to do paragraphs.
    I can use to get a new line.

That's best I've been able to do.

I'm no Einstein. Most I know is you have to "br" your brains out

remove spaces and put the < br>s inside the initial quote / stop

quote command. to get breaks from sentence to paragraph.

Looks like this -

remove the space between the left arrow and the br

Note - all commands below have a space inserted to keep them from

acting.

[ Q][ I]< br>Originally posted by:[ B]BillJones[ /B][ /I]< br>

< br>It's very hard.< br>

< br>[ B]I still can't figure out how to do paragraphs.[ /B]
    I can use to get a new line.< br>

< br>That's best I've been able to do.< br>

< br>I wish PCGS would fix this.< br>[ /Q]

Especially frustrating is that the < br>s (or are not visible) when

you want to edit your post using the fusetalk on line editor, so it's a

huge PITA, Notepad in Windows as an editor, helps, at least you can see

the < br>s.after you insert them manually

Again, I'm no Einstein, just want to learn myself.

Onward through the fog!

• Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the paragraph issue is surprisingly annoying ... talk about something I never thought I'd miss
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: illini420

I noticed things slower here after the upgrade. At first it was all abuzz about the new forum issues. Now I recently saw a tumbleweed roll by.

Well, maybe not quite that bad but I know what you're saying.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Lakesammman
    OS X 10.9.5

MacBook Pro

Safari

Upgrade your operating system and browser. Apple releases both for free.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

OS X 10.9.5

MacBook Pro

Safari

No problems here...none at all...with the same set-up, except I'm on the latest OS (10.11.1).

Lance.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It appears most of the major problems have been cleared up....and even better than the previous version.

I was most disappointed for the first 10 days or so after the upgrade, I thought the worst too.

Don' be disillusioned......CU and PCGS are not in the business of losing great forum members like Lakesammmam and BillJones.

Be sure to upgrade your OS to the latest and greatest.

There are still bugs that CU and PCGS will need to resolve....give it time.

Go to the testing forum and have at it.

Bottom line, the upgrade was well worth it. I think you will find most forum members in agreement.

Come back and tell us the good news.
  • Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for spaces with Mac - <'br'> before and after each segment you want a line space for works. (No quotes before and after br), thanks epcjimi1 for the alternative ways to try this.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No issues here editing text only posts using firefox.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want a new paragraph? Two "enter" key hits cause the blank line denoting a new paragraph. (enter)

(enter)

Like this example. (enter)

(enter)

Is this what you're looking for?

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lkeigwin

OS X 10.9.5

MacBook Pro

Safari

No problems here...none at all...with the same set-up, except I'm on the latest OS (10.11.1).

Lance.

Same. No issues here on any Apple devices ( IPhone, Mac Air, Pro or I Pad) on the current or previous OE in regards to edits or paragraphs. Some other nagging issues but not these

mark

Just edited this and showing offimage
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems using Chrome.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, some folks have issues image

I can make edits, no problemo.

I can make paragraphs.

Again, no problemo.

Just a simple man's machine...Win7, IE11. No need to be fancy with that mac *stuff* or "safari" or "chrome" aka "we snoop a lot as google and sell all your info and ID it back to you.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    No problems here

However I do not like the new system

do you?

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    Just edited this and showing off. image

You dog........... image
  • Options

Just edited this and showing off. image

You dog........... image

Hey, the man just married a beautiful woman, he's on a roll!!! image

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Editing threads was impossible for me many times BEFORE the change, due to the defective captchas, but works fine for me now.

Hopefully the bugs will be worked out so nobody has this sort of problem anymore.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacBook Pro image

• Options
    The only thing I am having issues with is enlarging, zooming in on, images that are posted. This was not a concern previously.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working fine for me.... Windows 10, Chrome.... ASUS with Intel CORE i7. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Seems to be working tonight.

A while ago started saving the text of long "educational" threads in a word document just in case the editing function goes awry or things freeze up.

Was able to rescue the bulk of such a thread and repaste it tonight.

Either the function is inconsistent or it's been fixed. image

• Options

Seems to be working tonight.

A while ago started saving the text of long "educational" threads in a word document just in case the editing function goes awry or things freeze up.

Was able to rescue the bulk of such a thread and repaste it tonight.

Either the function is inconsistent or it's been fixed. image

• Options
    On again and now off again. Unbelievable..... imageimageimage
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: BillJones
    Originally posted by: Manorcourtman

This site worked for me before it was changed. Now it doesn't. I don't have these problems anywhere else.

+1 I use IE 10 updated through 10.0.32

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options
    I'll go another forum before I buy another computer just to do edits.
  • Options
    I think they would really enjoy a PCGS sample thread ATS. image
  • Options
    Now at work and both IE and Firefox don't work for edits either!

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Firefox and Windows 7 and have no problem editing numerous threads. I'll edit this one. For a while there I was dropping edits but not recently.

Doesn't seem to show an edit time update if you get it done within a short time of the original post.

Edited.

I still won't use the "less than" sign. That same problem shows up in another forum I visit. It truncates everything after the symbol.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll go another forum before I buy another computer just to do edits.

I've got a few old ones laying around I'll give you image

Edit: Bueller? Bueller? Lakesalmon?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had saved threads. Where can I find them?

So far I'm underwhelmed by this "upgrade."
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no problem here with that although i was getting tons of unwanted mail for thing posted that i did not want or subscribe to. there working on the system so they say to get the bugs out.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should have been an editor. image
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    No problems on my end, either.

I use Microsoft Edge on a Windows 10 machine.

Having said that, I am not a huge fan of Edge and should start getting used to using Chrome instead.

• Options
    PCGS +Fusetalk 2015. Make it work. Fix it. Win 8.1 + IE 11. Since Amazon, ebay and other heavy hitter don't dwell in this cellar, get your "stuff" together. What a joke.
  • Options
    Seems to be only the longer "educational" threads I'm having trouble with - strange........
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: epcjimi1
    PCGS +Fusetalk 2015. Make it work. Fix it. Win 8.1 + IE 11. Since Amazon, ebay and other heavy hitter don't dwell in this cellar, get your "stuff" together. What a joke.

PCGS supplies this message forum as a gift to us collectors/dealers for the purpose of exchanging information and learning. They supply it free of charge. If you do not like it, then you do not have to post here.

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    If that were true, you wouldn't be reading this but reading nasty thingsimage
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Rampage
    Originally posted by: epcjimi1

PCGS supplies this message forum as a gift to us collectors/dealers for the purpose of exchanging information and learning. They supply it free of charge. If you do not like it, then you do not have to post here.

PCGS benefits beyond providing a gift to exchange info and learning.

I'd pay money to pcgs to participate in this forum without the BS.

Whatever.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file