Post any note that makes you smile!

With a topic this wide open maybe some of the lurkers will try their hand at posting.

I just think serial number 10's on $10's are pretty cool. Plus I like the phrase We the People and the Liberty torch on each side of Mr. Hamilton.

Ok everyone, your audience is waiting. Let's see some notes!

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
make the World a better place.

Comments

• mbwizkidmbwizkid Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭
    I always smile when members contact me with notes they think I may like.

This one is from Dan at Currency America.....we know him here as Fish.

• i made this and gave it to the late Willie Baeder for xmas in 2008 (thus the X 12 25 08 treasury serial #); Dot is his wife; 6626 was the address of his auto shop in Philadelphia; the serial # 07 06 44 is his birthday... always makes me smile when I see it (his son has the original, I have this pic of it):

EBAY ID: mxc1971 and maxcrusha

www.USARARE.com
  • chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭
    Bought this on the Bay. Very pleased with the condition, although PCGS seems to have under-graded it IMO. Not sure why it's "about new" either.

The obverse centering is excellent and the reverse is good. Overall, the note looks as good as CHCU 63. Regardless, this is my second 0000000X single digit note. First one was from Max.

Your opinions are welcome. Is this worthy of a breakout and re-submit to PCGS or PMG for an upgrade?

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • rbethearbethea Posts: 737 ✭✭
    Tee hee hee! image

Check out my world paper money collection at papermoney.x10.mx
  • JIMfromDCJIMfromDC Posts: 1,976 ✭✭
    snagged this on ebay yesterday. Definitely made me smile to add a DC red seal to the collection.

Tickle Your Fancy Currency

Collector of DC Nationals (want list in yellow)
  • TigerTraderTigerTrader Posts: 1,844 ✭✭
    Originally posted by: rbethea

Tee hee hee! image

Hey at least you didn't flip it over!!! LOL
  • cinchcinch Posts: 1,846
    LOL.

My website: RICurrency.com
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 17,043 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: chiefbob
    Bought this on the Bay. Very pleased with the condition, although PCGS seems to have under-graded it IMO. Not sure why it's "about new" either.

The obverse centering is excellent and the reverse is good. Overall, the note looks as good as CHCU 63. Regardless, this is my second 0000000X single digit note. First one was from Max.

Your opinions are welcome. Is this worthy of a breakout and re-submit to PCGS or PMG for an upgrade?

i like the note chief. thats a keeper
  • Great notes all! I am smiling!

Here is one that I could use in better condition but it ALWAYS makes me smile! I love sea maddens...

And if that one doesn't make you smile maybe Abe manipulated with the Stashify app will:

• TheRockTheRock Posts: 7,855 ✭✭

I smile "EVERY DAY" I look at this note as I thought I would be 6 Feet under before ever acquiring one of these !!!!

"GOT TO LOVE THEM SMALL SIZE DEUCES, SC's, LT's & FRN's"

John DeRocker
    President/CEO
    The Rocks Collectables, LLC
    TRC, LLC
    jderocker003@gmail.com
    SPMC Member - LIFETIME
    EBAY - TRC, LLC

• gnatgnat Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭
    Rock...truly wonderful note.
  • techwritertechwriter Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    I suppose this MPC considering it only cost $1 in a 'bargain box' and I bought it because it was a radar; not because I collect MPC which I don't. It was always just 'a nice note' until I posted it here and several members asked if I would part with it. It's now a treasured note.

==

==

And I have to post this one because I actually said NO to Grover Criswell (rest in peace) when he tried to buy it from me at a Memphis show years ago. It's # 27883r (R7) in the Guy Kraus book on Mississippi obsoletes and scrip.

==

edit: correct spelling/grammar
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 05232016 - any series or block. Please PM
    Looking for CU $1 FRN 20160523 - any series or block. Please PM

Retired

• CMCARTCMCART Posts: 2,367 ✭✭

Flipper:

Who prefer this kind ?

Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭
    This note makes me smile! It is the toughest bank on the town and I am super thankful to have it in my collection!

I used to live in ABQ and was just there recently for the International Balloon Fiesta! image

• luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: johnny9434

Originally posted by: chiefbob

i like the note chief. thats a keeper

Very nice note, and certainly NOT a 58. I see a lot of PCGS 58's that should have gotten (and almost always do if resubmitted elsewhere) a much higher grade. IMO, you should have no problem getting at least a 64 on that note.

“Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech.” Benjamin Franklin
  • larry510larry510 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭

Looking for any 00000347 US small size notes
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
  • One final note without much value but it serves as a reminder of the year my daughter and I worked on the 2013 Registry Set winner for the complete Disney Dollar Set image

• CMCARTCMCART Posts: 2,367 ✭✭
    imageimageimage

Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,651
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    gold - the barbarous relic!
  • gsalexgsalex Posts: 327 ✭✭
    Here's one that makes me smile for the story behind it.

This a $2 obsolete note from the Bank of Granville in Ohio, circa 1860 -- it's actually a reprint, part of ABNCo's American Paper Money Collection. But since the bank never actually opened, this proof may be the only way we get to see it.

The central vignette, titled "The Mechanic," was engraved by Lorenzo Hatch and W.W. Rice. It shows something called a pendulum governor or fly-ball governor. This device was attached to an engine (you can see the belt at the top) to govern its speed. It spun on its shaft with the weights acting as a brake to prevent the engine from racing out of control. The faster it spun, the further out the fly-balls extended. At top speed the weights spun all the way out to their limit.

And that, friends, is the true origin of the term "balls out."

Intrigued by all things intaglio.
  • dsessomdsessom Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

While not worth much, I really love this 1777 4 Shilling note, because it was the first Colonial I ever bought, and I bought it because it was printed by John Dunlap. Being a history buff, I knew that John Dunlap was the man who printed the original 200 copies of the US Declaration of Independence! So, it does make me smile - not for the monetary value, but for the historical value. :smiley:

Dwayne Sessom
  • boimre1972boimre1972 Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭

Mike
    Collecting small-size star notes.
    Mishawaka, IN