Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A Tribute to Syracusian and Zompels

Comments

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

THAT is an absolutely horrible thing to post - wicked EA - idk how you have the nerve to post it and shmear the great names of Syracusian and Zompels in your title.

I say you be banned to the Bay of E, for time spent on such rubbish.

• Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc - just noticed you have been on this forum for over 14 years... that's something.
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    That is quite an example of the 30D piece!
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I LOVE the toning on the reverse. The dark areas of toning fall in the area of the sea and it looks so cool, almost like a color map!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marc - just noticed you have been on this forum for over 14 years... that's something.

Yes, I have it seems..right about when our hosts where just in diapers.

Seriously Z, that's a seriously serious gem!

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely coin and very nice pictures.

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    wonderful toning , great coin.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've always loved that design. It looks great with some attractive toning added.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    zompelszompels Posts: 215 ✭✭
    Dear Z , this 30 Drachmai you post is the best I have seen for this type coin .

Full mint loustrous , colorful toned ....SUPEB GEM !!! even I have and hold many 66 grade , that 67* is really tough condition .

I'm very happy you hold it ..thanks for the share !!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorgeous coin!
  • Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: zompels
    Dear Z , this 30 Drachmai you post is the best I have seen for this type coin .
    Full mint loustrous , colorful toned ....SUPEB GEM !!! even I have and hold many 66 grade , that 67* is really tough condition .
    I'm very happy you hold it ..thanks for the share !!

Ditto!

Unlike Panos, I refuse to pay any amount above $40 for these, but I do own a pair (this and the 1964 one) in PCGS 64, but both are colorful, (otherwise 65-66 in white are PLENTIFUL) which is MUCH RARER than one should think. Panos indeed owns some of the nicest examples that I've seen, but they look pale compared to this one.

This is not only the finest example that I have seen, it's also the top pop of this coin without a single doubt and if it isn't, it should be.

Where did you score such a beauty BTW? I'll increase my cap to $50 if you are open to unethical proposals. image
    Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my proposal - whoever comes to visit me here first - you or Panos gets this coin. I paid slightly over $50 though..
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice colour.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don