Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Submission Delivery Issue --- updated with pop report question

Checked the tracking on a package to PSA last night. I don't think I've ever had this result with a submission, wondering if it has anything to do with PSA being at the National? If a package to a PO box requires a signature, tracking says "available for pickup." What would it say if delivered but not picked up by PSA if sig is not required?

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
Priority Mail 2-Day™
Features:
Insured
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
July 29, 2015 , 10:27 pm
Delivery status not updated
The delivery status for this item has not been updated as of July 29, 2015, 10:27 pm.
July 29, 2015 , 8:27 am
Out for Delivery
SUNNYVALE, CA 94089
July 29, 2015 , 8:17 am
Sorting Complete
SUNNYVALE, CA 94089
July 29, 2015 , 7:23 am
Arrived at Unit
SUNNYVALE, CA 94089
July 27, 2015 , 5:32 pm
Departed Post Office
GOSHEN, NY 10924
July 27, 2015 , 3:05 pm
Acceptance
GOSHEN, NY 10924

Comments

• Options
    What address were you mailing to in Sunnyvale? Looks to me like it was sent to the wrong city and needs to be rerouted.

My package delivered to the Newport Beach PO yesterday was signed for by PSA.
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was addressed to the usual PO box in Newport Beach. I seem to remember other packages being listed as out for delivery in Sunnyvale as well though, prior to delivery at the Newport Beach PO. Not certain though.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What address were you mailing to in Sunnyvale? Looks to me like it was sent to the wrong city and needs to be rerouted.

My package delivered to the Newport Beach PO yesterday was signed for by PSA. >>

+1

I also had a package delivered and signed for yesterday at Newport Beach. I have never seen a package go through Sunnyvale en route to PSA. I would check with PO.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Based on my minimal knowledge of CA geography (and an assist from Google Maps), I think they're a good bit away.

Within 48 hours, you should get notice of a reroute from USPS.
  • Options
    Yikes, 400 miles apart. I'll see if it gets updated to reroute today, thanks.
  • Options
    RaulsmasterRaulsmaster Posts: 663 ✭✭
    I'd be proactive and call that post office where it sits. I've never seen that pathway for a package to PSA. If someone else signs for it that isn't meant for it's game over
    It never leaves you...
  • Options
    Paul - Why didn't you send it registered mail ?
  • Options
    I'm looking into this now...so far it's looking very bad.
  • Options

<< <i>Paul - Why didn't you send it registered mail ? >>

I never do. Priority insured has always worked fine.
  • Options
    I never send Registered either. Priority all the way.

I wouldn't freak out too badly. Misrouting is very common... As long as it isn't "delivered", it'll get kicked over to the correct local PO by the end of the week.
  • Options
    Not worried about the misrouting. I called the PO where it was scanned to have arrived. The woman looked up the tracking and described to me a photo of the item scanned. She described it as a gray mailing envelope, whereas what I sent was a box. She said no destination address was visible.

I'm concerned that the insurance/tracking sticker is separated from my package. Either accidentally, or intentionally. If the latter, I'm screwed.
  • Options
    Ugh. Hopefully it's just User Error there....
  • Options
    Just called the main USPS phone number. They verified all the information associated with the tracking number, and could not access the image the woman in Sunnyvale was referring to. They said there was no image in the system. So hopefully the Sunnyvale people were just somehow mistaken and my package could be on the way to Newport Beach. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Hope it turns up, David. I am optimistic that it will. As charrigan said, as long as it doesn't show delivered, it is still in the postal system.

Registered mail is a viable option for high dollar packages (over 1K), though I typically use Express mail for those. Most raw subs just aren't worth anywhere near that and to collect on an insurance claim you must provide a receipt or proof of sale, and most raw cards you'd send in don't have that kind of accompanying documentation.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Still no tracking updates. Can't formally pursue this until Monday. God I hate when this happens.
  • Options
    Sometimes tracking has a significant lag time to it.
  • Options
    I would be willing to bet that it has been picked up by PSA but you won't know it's in their possession until order is logged. Of course that could be the 2nd week of August due to the usual log times combined with National.
  • Options

<< <i>I would be willing to bet that it has been picked up by PSA but you won't know it's in their possession until order is logged. Of course that could be the 2nd week of August due to the usual log times combined with National. >>

I'm not optimistic. If PSA had it (assuming the tracking label is affixed) they'd have scanned it, which they have not. Unfortunately all I can do is hope, and initiate an investigation on Monday.
  • Options
    David, if you want to see if PSA has the package before it gets logged, just go to your submission account page and you will find a small link there which enables you to enter the USPS tracking number to see if PSA has taken possession of the package. That will work even if USPS site does not show it as delivered.

• Options

<< <i>David, if you want to see if PSA has the package before it gets logged, just go to your submission account page and you will find a small link there which enables you to enter the USPS tracking number to see if PSA has taken possession of the package. That will work even if USPS site does not show it as delivered. >>

Thanks Tim, yeah, that's what I meant above. They have not entered the tracking number. There is a slim possibility if somehow the tracking label was removed that the package could have still gotten there, but that's a pretty long shot.
  • Options
    I am hopeful it will turn up, David and hope you will get an update soon one way or another. FWIW, i had sent a package recently to a guy who had moved but paypal still had the old address. We arranged for the package intercept service using the tracking numbee and it took a full week to start moving again after being out for delivery in the wrong zip code.

• Options
    Did you get any update on this? The reason I think the label is still attached is because it was scanned all the way to the "out for delivery" point and then stopped. That usually means it was just sorted into the wrong pile. If it stopped at another spot in transit, that would be more worrying.
  • Options

<< <i>Did you get any update on this? The reason I think the label is still attached is because it was scanned all the way to the "out for delivery" point and then stopped. That usually means it was just sorted into the wrong pile. If it stopped at another spot in transit, that would be more worrying. >>

Thanks for asking. I opened an investigation via the USPS customer service line on Monday. I waited the requisite 72 hours, and nothing changed. So I called again yesterday, and the very forthright woman I spoke to admitted that no one had actually investigated anything. She forwarded the issue to the consumer affairs office, which I'm hoping will bear some fruit.

I've had packages "out for delivery" in the wrong location, and I've had packages where the tracking does not update for many days, but never both at the same time. While I'm still holding out hope, I'm not very optimistic at this point. It's very upsetting, because even if I can get them to pay the insurance claim, it will not make me feel better. This sub consisted of 25 beautiful 1972 baseball cards that I hunted down at shows through much time and effort. If they are truly lost I am going to have a hard time continuing collecting, at least for awhile.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Did you get any update on this? The reason I think the label is still attached is because it was scanned all the way to the "out for delivery" point and then stopped. That usually means it was just sorted into the wrong pile. If it stopped at another spot in transit, that would be more worrying. >>

Thanks for asking. I opened an investigation via the USPS customer service line on Monday. I waited the requisite 72 hours, and nothing changed. So I called again yesterday, and the very forthright woman I spoke to admitted that no one had actually investigated anything. She forwarded the issue to the consumer affairs office, which I'm hoping will bear some fruit.

I've had packages "out for delivery" in the wrong location, and I've had packages where the tracking does not update for many days, but never both at the same time. While I'm still holding out hope, I'm not very optimistic at this point. It's very upsetting, because even if I can get them to pay the insurance claim, it will not make me feel better. This sub consisted of 25 beautiful 1972 baseball cards that I hunted down at shows through much time and effort. If they are truly lost I am going to have a hard time continuing collecting, at least for awhile. >>

Just remembered this sub contained my cracked out SGC 96 '72 Brooks Robinson....F&@$(/!!
  • Options
    David,

I'm really hoping the package turns up at some point soon. I feel your frustration. I'm betting it's sitting on a shelf somewhere. Hopefully, a true investigation/trace will dislodge it. A guy over on the coin side of the forums just had a package turn up that stopped tracking from PCGS in May.

• Options
    Well I'll be dad-gummed! My submission just logged. Tracking still never updated, PSA still with no record of my tracking number. Inescapable conclusion: tracking sticker somehow came off the package, but package arrived safely, probably a week ago.

Someone up there likes me!!!

Thanks everyone for the moral support.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I'll be dad-gummed! My submission just logged. >>

That's great news!
  • Options
    Great to hear, David!

• Options
    Congrats!!

Are you 100% sure that you have the right tracking number?

That's very strange.
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats!!

Are you 100% sure that you have the right tracking number?

That's very strange. >>

Absolutely. Tracking shows departure from my post office and arrival in CA, and never updated from there.
    Same tracking number comes up unknown when entered into the PSA look up tool, though the sub has now logged.

Remember, a postal employee in the PO where it last scanned told me she showed a photo with my insurance sticker on a gray padded envelope, not my package. That suddenly makes sense. I have to assume the tracking label somehow came off and was affixed to some other item before being scanned in CA, while my package continued merrily to Newport Beach!
  • Options
    Makes sense. That is one of the weirdest USPS stories I have heard! Very glad that it worked out.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    David ... glad it ended well. Now lets hope the grades are to your liking!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Glad it's safe and sound. You can breathe easy now.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Glad it's safe and sound. You can breathe easy now. >>

I can breath easily now. The drama was killing me! Glad it turned out well, David.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Congrats and good luck on the sub.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    After the elation of my package being found, I was hoping not to be disappointed with the results. Fortunately, I got my favorite grader! My SGC 96 Brooks Robinson crossed successfully plus lots of other great results. Talk about a happy ending to a weird sub!!

1 1 24648154 MINT 9 1972 Topps 402 Bobby Heise Card
    2 1 24648155 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 414 Bob Miller Card
    3 1 24648156 MINT 9 1972 Topps 422 Ray Lamb Card
    4 1 24648157 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 435 Reggie Jackson Card
    5 1 24648158 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 472 Phil Gagliano Card
    6 1 24648159 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 524 Reds Rookies E.Armbrister/M.Behney Card
    7 1 24648160 MINT 9 1972 Topps 543 Duane Josephson Card
    8 1 24648161 MINT 9 1972 Topps 550 Brooks Robinson Card
    9 1 24648162 MINT 9 1972 Topps 557 John Odom Card
    10 1 24648163 MINT 9 1972 Topps 558 John Odom in Action Card
    11 1 24648164 MINT 9 1972 Topps 575 Al Oliver Card
    12 1 24648165 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 607 Frank Duffy Card
    13 1 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1972 Topps 611 Rich Reese Card
    14 1 24648167 MINT 9 1972 Topps 612 Joe Decker Card
    15 1 24648168 MINT 9 1972 Topps 621 Commissioners Award Card
    16 1 24648169 MINT 9 1972 Topps 631 John Strohmayer Card
    17 1 24648170 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 639 J.C. Martin Card
    18 1 24648171 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 682 Mike McCormick Card
    19 1 24648172 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1972 Topps 700 Bobby Murcer in Action Card
    20 1 24648173 MINT 9 1972 Topps 705 Pat Corrales Card
    21 1 24648174 MINT 9 1972 Topps 733 Jim Hart Card
    22 1 24648175 MINT 9 1972 Topps 738 Jim Merritt Card
    23 1 24648176 GEM MINT 10 1972 Topps 745 Julian Javier Card
    24 1 24648177 MINT 9 1972 Topps 751 Steve Carlton Traded Card
    25 1 24648178 MINT 9 1972 Topps 761 A.L.-N.L. Rookies Oglivie/Cey/Williams
  • Options
    BTW, that's 6 50-day subs in a row that have popped in fewer than 10 days.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Nice hit on the high number Javier!! What is the pop on that card??
  • Options
    Wow, that's the GOL--the grader of love! LOL! Congrats!

• Options
    StamkosFanStamkosFan Posts: 255 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's fast. Congrats! That popped early this morning? I thought they opened at 9 am pacific.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice hit on the high number Javier!! What is the pop on that card?? >>

It is now pop 5.
  • Options
    It popped yesterday. I just got around to posting this morning.
  • Options
    Grader of Boom!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: PaulMaul

It is now pop 5.

Just curious....when I hit this PSA 10 a few months ago it was pop 5...now it's showing as pop 4. I understand cards get temporarily removed from the pop report when under review, but there's no reviewing a 10. Where could it have gone?

Does the same thing happen with a re-holder?
  • Options

It is now pop 5.

Just curious....when I hit this PSA 10 a few months ago it was pop 5...now it's showing as pop 4. I understand cards get temporarily removed from the pop report when under review, but there's no reviewing a 10. Where could it have gone?

One possibility for a decline in the pop is that one of the 10s was returned to PSA under the grade guarantee.

• Options
    Originally posted by: grote15

It is now pop 5.

One possibility for a decline in the pop is that one of the 10s was returned to PSA under the grade guarantee.

Sorry, what does that mean exactly?

• Options

Originally posted by: grote15

It is now pop 5.

Sorry, what does that mean exactly?

PSA guarantees the grade of all cards in PSA holders. If a card is brought to their review and PSA deems that the card is not appropriate for the assigned grade, they will rectify the discrepancy by reassigning the grade and working out arrangements with the owner. Such resolution is typically used only in egregious cases.

• Options
    But again, with a 10, how would it come under their review? The only thing I can imagine is if someone bought it on a non-returnable basis, and thought it was egregiously over graded. Is that the kind of scenario you're talking about?
  • Options
    I might be wrong but I *think* it drops from the pop report during a reholder.