Options

Wanted to share these beauties from my recent 1975 Topps Mini Box break

image[/URL]
image[/URL]
image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, I hate when that happens! And centering is pretty nice on them, too.

If the packs are nice and clean, the gum will usually detach easily with little or no effect on the card.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I tried detaching one common with gum. It left a nice trail on the card that could not be cleaned.
    I basically tried to see how tight the gum was to the gum cards, and most of the gum cards were tight. >>

Try placing the cards in a freezer overnight. That will sometimes help to detach the gum with minimal damage to the card.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Try placing the cards in a freezer overnight. That will sometimes help to detach the gum with minimal damage to the card. >>

YUP!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Anyone ever try to sub the card as is with the gum still sticking to it? image
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Not even mine and that stings a bit. Good luck with freezer. I've had some luck there, so best wishes.

Also had some success slipping a crisp modern common between the gum and card and popping the gum off.

Fingers crossed.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    kingnascarkingnascar Posts: 636 ✭✭✭
    Totally sucks.
    Hope you have good luck using the freezer.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>imageThe box of cards is in the freezer. I will share the results tomorrow morning. >>

Not the whole box! Just the card with the attached gum!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>imageThe box of cards is in the freezer. I will share the results tomorrow morning. >>

Not the whole box! Just the card with the attached gum!!!!! >>

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    hope he got your message before going to bed, doug!

the results should be very interesting one way or the other....
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice save image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mint_only_pls
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fabric softener or fabric softener sheets? Either way...wouldn't that leave a residue or stain easily catchable by PSA as altered?
    mint_only_pls