Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What do you 75 Topps guys think of these low POP minis (scans added). What will PSA say ?

One of these is a POP 1. in PSA 9, with no 10's. I believe that's the Tommy Davis. The other one is a POP 4 in PSA 9, with no 10's. The Davis is centered, but may have diagonal issues. How does PSA handle that ? The Heidelmann is cut well, but has a hickey. How will PSA handle that one ?

image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    Those seem more like pictures than scans.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    Indy78Indy78 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    It's difficult to see the corners in the photos, but the Heidemann looks like an 8 to me judging by the centering and what appear to be touched corners. It has a really nice, PD free photo though. The Davis looks like a 7 to me with the small white flakes in his hair and the stray black ink immediately above is head. I've subbed maybe a half dozen just like that one, and received a 7 on every one due to those issues. Perhaps you'll get lucky and get an 8 on it if you sub it. Who knows.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I'll go 8's on both. Both toughies.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Nick, though I do think you have a decent shot at an 8 on the Davis, too, which is a $150 card in that grade. Both cards are super tough, with Davis being especially so. How do they measure up?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    You can eyeball those to be full-sized. IMO
    1. Nice Heidemann! - appears to be a very solid 8 depending on the top-left corner. I've suspected that this card is as difficult as the C. Washington, but there have been several nice examples sold the past 6 months. If it gets a 9 then I wouldn't sell it for less than 600.00 because of the 4 that exist, 2 are short. That is, there are only 2 legit 9s of Heidemann that exist.
    2. On the Davis, I have seen recently diamond cut cards getting into an 8 holder - but many of these have been sold by 4SC - so...but Nick hit it on the head - snow (dandruff) is always the killer with this card notwithstanding the usual track marks. Such a hard card to find clean.

EDIT: Ah, if only you could transfer those corners on the Davis card to the Heidemann, then you would have something special!
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    Heidemann I'd say is a 7 at best with the diamond cut, corner wear and halo.

Davis could actually get a 9 though can't really tell from the photos you provided.

Scans would be better, and ultimately, without being able to see the surfaces for bums and bruises it's impossible to really tell!
  • Options
    The snow in the fro on the Davis card is not significant enough to preclude it from getting a straight 8 imo. I've seen a number of 8s with even more snow than that one.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    I think these are both easy 8s. The top right corner probably keeps the Heideman from being a 9 and the tilt on the Tommy D keeps in an 8. Nice cards for sure!

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The snow in the fro on the Davis card is not significant enough to preclude it from getting a straight 8 imo. I've seen a number of 8s with even more snow than that one. >>

You just wanted to say snow in the fro. That has a good ring to it!
  • Options
    Maybe I'm wrong (I hope I am) and it's tough to tell since these aren't scans, but I think the Davis is diamond cut enough that it might not fit in a mini slab.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe I'm wrong (I hope I am) and it's tough to tell since these aren't scans, but I think the Davis is diamond cut enough that it might not fit in a mini slab. >>

I don't believe the Davis is diamond cut~looks more like a tilt.

• Options
    The top left corner looks to be less than 90 degrees to me and the top right looks like more than 90. Could just be the photo