Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Need an anti-depressant ... photos please

Post some photos of the prettiest coin on your desk today. I've been working insane hours and could use a little pick-me-up. I'm directing a summer camp 40 hours/week, plus last Monday I got called to replace the guitarist in a off-Broadway production of Avenue Q. Six shows a week and the first couple were 9-hour days because of rehearsals image
Have barely seen my kid or wife in two weeks. Starting to relax though.
ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

Comments

• SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This Faustina aureus is one of my newer purchases, and one of my favorite coins overall. I was attempting to reshoot it today but haven't been able to improve upon my images. It displays a near-cameo effect in-hand, and makes for a nice left facing pair to my right facing Antoninus Pius aureus image

Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't burn yerself out, Nessie!

Here... I have a nice newp (well, swap) coming... from Smeagle. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful gold Faustina!

LordM, is that lady holding the scales of justice on the rev?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

<< <i>Beautiful gold Faustina!

LordM, is that lady holding the scales of justice on the rev? >>

Yep... Aequitas.

PS- you might've missed my "Hippie Coin", which I find rather amusing. (Not to mention it's a nice medieval coin anyway.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up this one here on the PCGS boards about a month ago. image

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll see your cat picture and raise you one. This is Tipper, our latest addition to the menagerie (which we affectionately refer to as "Shinnicks' Funny Farm").

Tipper came from the humane society, where she had been for the last two years. I think people usually adopt kittens, so we decided to adopt an adult cat. Supposedly Tipper's previous owner had been terminally ill and had had to surrender her animals to the shelter before she passed on, which was kind of sad. We knew Tipper was "the one" when we went there and she followed my daughter all over the room. Since coming home with us, however, she's become MY cat, and sleeps with me.

• TIF2TIF2 Posts: 233
    Your various activities sound interesting but working that many hours and being away from family is certainly stressful.

Couldn't settle on one so here's a collage image

• Here's a lifetime Alexander III drachm.

imageimage
    Rob,
    I like your cat! image
  • PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Not on my desk yet, but should arrive soon.

1790 Bern 10 Kreuzer
    Wow. This thread got a whole lot nicer since I posted the cat picture! image

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow. This thread got a whole lot nicer since I posted the cat picture! image >>

But is your cat a Meowmismatist like mine is? This is my 8 week old kitten Lyosha, the other kitten, Tyeni was under the table with our 20 year old cat Seryozha.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    A 1951 Festival of Britain Crown, an Ichthus ring & a Mochie marble (Shaman stone)...

trozau (troy ounce gold)
    Awesome! Thanks gang! image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought I better throw something in the mix.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This Faustina aureus is one of my newer purchases, and one of my favorite coins overall. I was attempting to reshoot it today but haven't been able to improve upon my images. It displays a near-cameo effect in-hand, and makes for a nice left facing pair to my right facing Antoninus Pius aureus image

image >>

nice coin image
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a Landau siege klippe of 1 Florin 4 Kreuzer, KM-12.

During the War of the Spanish Succession (1701-1714), France fought against the forces of the Austrian Habsburgs to protect its claims on Spanish lands after the death of the Spanish king Charles II. Several nations, including England and the United Netherlands, joined Austria against the powerful French forces. Landau, a fortified town located in modern southwest Germany, was besieged by one of the most prominent figures of the war, Claude Louis Hector de Villars, Marshal General of France. Duke Carl Alexander of Württemburg defended the town, which fell to the French on 20 August 1713. Soon after, Villars himself negotiated the Treaty of Rastatt, ending hostilities between King Louis XIV of France and Holy Roman Emperor Charles VI of Austria. A series of klippes was produced by Landau during the French siege, likely cut from the silver plate of the town’s rich citizens.

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭
    I almost didn't start this thread. I'm so glad that I did. I love the photos and I know I'm not the only one image plus it's open ended so it's a great opportunity to post those pics which didn't fit into any other threads. I have some newps in the mail. when they arrive, I'll add to the mix here. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a "fantasy" piece, but I still like it. image

-Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

<< <i>It's a "fantasy" piece, but I still like it. image

image >>

I like that too! image
    Whoops! Shinnick's Funny Farm just increased to 15 critters! We now have ten cats, three dogs, and two guinea pigs!

Here is the latest addtion to the menagerie. We weren't seeking out another cat, of course, but someone brought this little orphan to us after its mother supposedly died of a snakebite. It is very tiny, and its survival was in question, but I think it'll pull through, now.

Victoria has been feeding it kitten formula with a little doll-sized baby bottle. It was initially named "Sophia", until she looked a bit closer and discovered "Leo" was a more gender-appropriate name.

And speaking of young creatures, look at Victoria now. She will soon be fourteen. Tempus fugit!

PS- Sophia- er- Leo- is smaller than either of the guinea pigs. He stays in a small hamster cage when Victoria isn't holding him, because Bosco the Pomeranian is in love with him and likes to lick him until he's all slobbery.

• trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Can't believe how time has flown! She'll be driving soon. image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)