Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Crossing GSA Morgans from NGC -- Question

BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does PCGS take the banded, NGC graded Morgan dollars for crossover? See image below for what I'm asking about. This specific one has a 63+ grade.

If they do accept, they remove the NGC band, correct?

I'd imagine that even if it doesn't cross, submitters pay the $20 oversize holder fee, right?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I ask why you would consider this reholder? The coin looks properly graded per your pic.

Is there an advantage? Registry set?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    mustanggtmustanggt Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, as it is it fits back in the GSA box, which the PCGS one won't.
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please do not cross this coin. It is already attributed, and there isn't any money to be gained (after fees) even if it upgrades to a 64. If it's for a Registry set, I would sell this one and buy a PCGS coin. If it's not for a Registry, there is no reason to cross it. The original GSA holders are desirable and a cool part of history.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Please do not cross this coin. It is already attributed, and there isn't any money to be gained (after fees) even if it upgrades to a 64. If it's for a Registry set, I would sell this one and buy a PCGS coin. If it's not for a Registry, there is no reason to cross it. The original GSA holders are desirable and a cool part of history. >>

it is destined for a PCGS Registry Set
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Gawd, a collector asks a simple question. Nobody answers it just a lecture I mean "advice." I'm sure Barndog knows what and why he's doing it. I like a GSA in the original holder and my understanding is PCGS now grades them in the holder and puts their holder around it. First thing everybody always goes to around here is $$$$. I don't know what his motive is and it's none of my business. But if I knew the answer to his question I'd sure answer it. OK, all done now.image
    Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    AthenaAthena Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh Gawd, a collector asks a simple question. Nobody answers it just a lecture I mean "advice." I'm sure Barndog knows what and why he's doing it. I like a GSA in the original holder and my understanding is PCGS now grades them in the holder and puts their holder around it. First thing everybody always goes to around here is $$$$. I don't know what his motive is and it's none of my business. But if I knew the answer to his question I'd sure answer it. OK, all done now.image >>

Maybe they just don't know the answer? image
  • Options
    felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    "PCGS will not remove stickers/labels from GSA Hoard submissions certified from other third-party certification companies."

PCGS Encapsulates GSA Hoard Silver Dollar Coins in Special Holder

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file