Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Memorial Day Weekend Rippage (Football 80, 81, 84 & 71!)

Hope you all had a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend...

I hadn't ripped anything for a while, so I decided to fix that this weekend! First up, Friday/Saturday night I ripped a 1987 Football wax box in the search for a few Browns cards I still need that might grade a 9 or 10. Only found 1! But I didn't get a couple nice Kellys and an Elway and 150+ other nicely centered cards.

Here they are...

Sunday night I busted a '80s rack pack in 79' wrappers, an '81 wax pack and 2 '84 wax packs.

The '80s rack was from eBay and yielded quite a few nice cards including these...

The '81 wax pack was also an eBay purchase and was in rough shape and yielded no nice cards since they all had major corner damage image

The first '84 wax pack I'm assuming was from eBay also, although I my have gotten it before I started keeping track of that. But man what a pack! I had to say that this was probably the nicest centered pack I've ever opened, ever! Being an '84 pack makes that even more amazing. Here is every card from that pack...

The other '84 wax pack came from a little shop in Galena. Now this one looks more typical of an '84 pack. image

and finally tonight I busted a '71 wax 1st series pack! I've had this pack for a while and it was an eBay buy and was a GA graded 6.5.

imageimage

Unfortunately it was in rough shape too and yielded not only some corner damaged card but some gum damage as well...

but one card did make it through mostly unscathed... just a minor touch on one corner

Thanks for watching, until next time...

Scott

Comments

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Page! Krause looks pretty nice, too! That was a great rip!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Scott ... thanks for sharing. Best of luck if you decide to send the Page in for grading.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice centering all around - thanks for the rip.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • dgordodgordo Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Nice cards! Any chance you have a chuck long from the 1987 box you want to get rid of?

http://myworld.ebay.com/dgordo76

My current wish list:

https://forums.collectors.com/messageview.aspx?catid=27&threadid=952285&enterthread=y

Please pm me if you want to sell any of these cards.

Thanks!

• DanBessetteDanBessette Posts: 6,422
    Thanks for sharing! My favorite is the Page but I also like the 84 dexter Manley. Too bad about the Nance game card. Those are cool and I like nance. Sweet rip!
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    Is that Alan Page or a clean shaven LeBron James with a fro??
  • heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    That's nice looks like you did really well overall those cards are very nice I like each of those sets for different reasons.
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Scott, thanks for sharing! Nice to see legit vintage GAI packs exist wink wink

John

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing Scott. Dig the Duane Thomas.

Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! I love 1984! Thanks for sharing.
  • ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice cards! Any chance you have a chuck long from the 1987 box you want to get rid of? >>

There was only one in the box and it's off center t/b