1970s1970s Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
Or just about right ?

Comments

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady won't miss four games
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding? Harsh isnt even the word, 4 games for Brady and the loss of a 1st round draft pick? Its embarresing for Goodel and the NFL, it makes it so painfully obvious they dont want to see the Patriots continue to win.

It wont hurt them because they are so far above the majority of the rest of the pathetic teams in the AFC but its downright wrong to hit them that hard even though it wont matter.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too harsh to a ridiculous degree. Beat the snot out of your wife and the NFL covers for you gives you 2 games then changes to 6 games.

Remember the Mueller report about Ray Rice incident? image It was pretty obvious at that point that these reports are more like scripts than real investigations.

Possibly knowing about taking the top off the ball and you get this ?

He is going to appeal and then maybe other things will come out that make the NFL look stupid.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady will play the four games wearing a mask and a different number.....it will be called masquerade-gate!image
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Are you kidding? Harsh isnt even the word, 4 games for Brady and the loss of a 1st round draft pick? . >>

I still think the Pats can make it to the playoffs with Brady missing 4 games.

I also don't think the 1st round pick (probably like the 20th overall range) isn't a game breaker for them. >>

Bill would have traded the pick away anyway or taken another long snapper image
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are you kidding? Harsh isnt even the word, 4 games for Brady and the loss of a 1st round draft pick? Its embarresing for Goodel and the NFL, it makes it so painfully obvious they dont want to see the Patriots continue to win. >>

Goodell would get ripped apart if the punishment was 0 games, 2 games, 4 games, 8 games, or 16 games. No matter what he did, millions of people wouldn't like it.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if the Pats past infractions influenced this punishment. Kind of like a second offender sentence.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheaters need to be taught a lesson. I think 4 games is about right. Not sure about losing a 1st round pick though. Let's see how the appeal goes; who knows where this will end up. What a mess.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, give the Pats a break. First you take away their videographer, now you won't let them take air out of footballs. Where does the persecution stop??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, give the Pats a break. First you take away their videographer, now you won't let them take air out of footballs. Where does the persecution stop

Too funny!

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Too harsh to a ridiculous degree. Beat the snot out of your wife and the NFL covers for you gives you 2 games then changes to 6 games.

Remember the Mueller report about Ray Rice incident? image It was pretty obvious at that point that these reports are more like scripts than real investigations.

Possibly knowing about taking the top off the ball and you get this ?

He is going to appeal and then maybe other things will come out that make the NFL look stupid. >>

Making themselves look stupid is easy for the national f u league.

They go overboard on this one to make up for all the other ones that the screwed up on and went too lenient.

Brady will not be suspended for 4 games by the time this one is over.
  • Options

<< <i>Hey, give the Pats a break. First you take away their videographer, now you won't let them take air out of footballs. Where does the persecution stop?? >>

But they invent rules for them when they fumble in the snow, so it all evens out.
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't fumble, he tucked image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hey, give the Pats a break. First you take away their videographer, now you won't let them take air out of footballs. Where does the persecution stop?? >>

But they invent rules for them when they fumble in the snow, so it all evens out. >>

That play still hurts huh? image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One for the thumb - Garropolo style.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

But they invent rules for them when they fumble in the snow, so it all evens out. >>

I believe they got rid of that rule just to appease Raiders' fans (since the Raiders won't win enough games to appease their fans)
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Way too harsh. It'll get knocked down to 2 or 3 games for Brady. The 1st round pick is a killer, though.
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    i vote...too soon...i really enjoy watching him fumble, the nervous laughter for answers and proving that he's the worst liar I've ever heard at a mic....may have to work on that before his political career.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Seems too harsh. The Pats will sue and get it reduced to 1 game and a 4th round pick.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be overturned. It's ridiculous all of this over .02 lbs of air in a football!!!!
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way I look at it (I am an old timer) you guys are mostly missing the point. Patriots are getting caught cheating and NFL needs to punish them severely. People say "everyone cheats", I hope this is not true, but it really is a poor excuse if they are.

Most posting here don't seem to think what they did is a big deal, so I am not going to go any farther. I don't like cheaters. I NEVER cheated when I played sports. Maybe that's why I never won the BIG ONE.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NFL is its worst enemy. Pandering to Patroits haters. Spineless.

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Hey, the Pats cheated in order to win the Super Bowl, so if the punishment is the cost of doing business, I'd say they came out ahead. Anyone bringing Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson into the argument is just being unreasonable.
  • Options

<< <i>The NFL is its worst enemy. Pandering to Patroits haters. Spineless.

Mark >>

Don't hate the Patriots (except when Moss played for them LOL) but I do hate cheaters.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brady and the Pats played better with the balls properly inflated, outscoring the Colts 28-0 in the second half.
    Had the balls been properly inflated throughout the game, maybe the score would have been 63-7.
    Was is cheating? My take is that Brady ordered someone to deflate them to the minimum limit and the de-flater took out a bit to much, jmo.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>Brady and the Pats played better with the balls properly inflated, outscoring the Colts 28-0 in the second half.
    Had the balls been properly inflated throughout the game, maybe the score would have been 63-7.
    Was is cheating? My take is that Brady ordered someone to deflate them to the minimum limit and the de-flater took out a bit to much, jmo. >>

To me, this argument has been recited time and time again and has no merit.

So using that reasoning, if you were caught with the answers to a test, but it turned out you didn't need use them, you aren't guilty of cheating?

Your thought that Brady told someone to tamper with the footballs makes him guilty. As I have said before, I grew up in a time where sportsmanship was supposed to mean something, not "it's win at any cost" and if you do get caught "so what?"......................I don't like where this has gone. Sad really.