Home U.S. Coin Forum

this quarterly special...the "fine print" here

so i sent in a submission with the quarterly special requested to be applied...i had 6 lincoln's on it plus 9 other coins
here i thought this special was have 5 lincolns graded and one would be free

uh...nope

here's the fine print i received as to why my sub didn't qualify as one must send in 5 lincolns...ONLY

being they have a $10 sub fee plus separate return shipping on all subs
this really adds up on cost average per coin

kind of sad if you ask me but i wanted to share this information here as a heads up for others
everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

Comments

• BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭
    That's usually how it goes with the series-specific specials, or at least the ones I can remember. Live and learn, my friend; now next time a similar special rolls around, you'll know what to do. image
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, on the main page is says submit 5 Lincolns and pay for only 4.
    The quarterly specials usually always have to be on a separate invoice and I don't have 5 raw Lincolns worthy of submitting so it's not worth it for me.

But the last quarter was the 5 free true views and I was able to mix that with other coins with TV's on the same form and got 5 of them free and paid for the others and it wasn't an issue.

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    yeah it's all on me for not reading

the fine print

but dang
    when they limit a sub to 5 coins...that cost average skyrockets with "separate sub fee and separate return shipping"
    darn near voiding out the special

oh well

everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been my experience that when you account for all that is involved in shipping coins, the quarterly special is often not all that special.
  • DCWDCW Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It has been my experience that when you account for all that is involved in shipping coins, the quarterly special is often not all that special. >>

This.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    "Orders" can never be combined and a quarterly special is always considered an order itself.

3 for the price of 2? Submit only 3 coins with the CC Special submission sheet.

2 for 1? Submit only 2 coins with the CC Special submission sheet.

"Free" Quarterly special used to be 100% "Free" except for To/From Shipping (i.e. No Handling Fee). But those days are long gone.

You see, the "Handling Fee" was originally implemented to prevent 1 and 2 coin orders and since a collectors club special used to be the "free" grading of a single particular coin which could only be submitted on its own submission sheet, it was pointless to require a handling fee which was applied for orders of Less then 5 coins.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same happened to me Teddy, just sent in 10 Lincolns and they said it didn't qualify because they had to be on a separate form.
    www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad the Grandson emptied the change jar of all the pennies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file