Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Not So Much a Toy

This ducat, however, should be a key in My Little Equine collection.

imageimage

Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD

Comments

• Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely coin. Is that the one from Atlas? image
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    You'll like it even better when it arrives, I got one in last week and it really is a lovely design.
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the one from Atlas and I received it on Wednesday. Actually, my original intent was to caption it, "Quick, Before JCM finds out!" One way to grab attention! image

DPOTD
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the amazing detail on it.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I love so much about this presentation of the horse is the dynamism of the figures. The horse and colt appear to be interacting with each other rather than circumstantially standing there.
    Here is something else; by presenting the rearing horse with a colt, is the horse a mare rather than a stallion?

DPOTD
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic. A klippe with a cityview? Doubly appealing!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.