Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

PCGS Onsite Grading (Anyone here live in the UK)

Im thinking of submitting 5 coins maybe more depending if recent purchases come to onsite grading at the PCGS show here in Hk at end of the month

has anyone done this before and do they grade any different than submitted to the lab.

Its only a 5 day turn around can turn in 31 mar till 2 apr and pick up 5 Apr

chris

Also I wondering if there is anyone on the forum here living in the UK

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never done anything like that. It's pretty expensive, isn't it? Probably only something you'd want to do with pretty high-end coins?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    well its 45 a coin true view secure with photos. and set 25$ fee no other charges. im only getting my high grade UK set done. 11 coins.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not so bad. You'd end up paying about that normally, for Secure with TrueView, especially after shipping two ways is factored in.

We do have some UK members here, but I'll let them speak up for themselves.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    the reason I ask is I got this pain seller that has a coin I need but he will only ship to UK address. so I kind needed a little help. I could pay the shipping and hassle time before shipped in Ebay
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Ireland.. close.
  • Options
    very close but this seller wont budge on only shipping to the UK.

and this is a coin hard to find graded for the price im getting. so I need to make a UK friend fast

chris