Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS "P/FR Details"?

Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.

Comments

• lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    strange
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PO Details + !

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • The funny part is that it is worth the same amount of point in the registry as a graded example in that range
  • BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's all that strange. They've always maintained damage [vs cleaning] is what prevents a straight grade, but does not make it impossible to do a rough grade. if you can distinguish AU from mint state... it's not a big leap to distinguish fair from poor from from good.
    -----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • machoponchomachoponcho Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    Never seen a split grade on a PCGS holder. Obverse and reverse look worn to the same degree so it's not like they are calling the obverse Poor and the reverse Fair. Guess it's a 1.5?
    I have existed since the creation of this world and will exist until its end. Only my form will change. For these 80 human life years, I have the benefit of having a functioning body and consciousness. I will not waste this opportunity.
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the coin.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I like the coin. >>

Same here. I think a case could be made that a coin that heavily worn could straight grade despite some "damage" like that bend.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭
    I've seen it on a couple coins (including the one in question). As some one looking to see how PCGS grades lowballs it is annoying as they don't actually make a decision on the technical grade.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file