Home Precious Metals
Options

What's going on with this well known eBay metal & coin seller

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, been around a while for sure.

I suspect something serious for the seller as many items are just a few dollars. Perhaps an illness or such?

Anyone know if this is a one man/woman operation?

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Yes, doesn't come across as a straight off scam. Especially selling 5 dollar items that they would get negative feedback on.
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, doesn't come across as a straight off scam. Especially selling 5 dollar items that they would get negative feedback on. >>

Seller may be deceased or seriously ill....Has not listed any items in a while. It happens.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    I know what you guys are saying, but there were some positive feedback given in the last month as well. Could they have been items from long ago and they just got around to giving feedback? Maybe.

Something does look seriously wrong with the seller. Customers seem to be getting refunds through eBay, which is good. However, they must also realize something is not right.

Once I bid on so many of the exact same baseball card because I wanted many of them. I paid off all as soon as I could. Weeks later, I get a polite email asking if I was OK because they had not received payment. I indeed missed one not realizing at the time how many of them I won. Kind of lost track. I explained in an immediate reply and he was OK with it all and knew something had to be wrong based on my perfect feedback and longevity on eBay. The seller should have been given the benefit of the doubt. It is an easy case to tell eBay that item was never received and one would get their refund. I am glad the consumer is protected that way.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    44 negs in past 12 months and still a 98.7% feedback rating.

I would guess something bad happened to the seller.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Seems like his goods for sale are removed.
    COA