Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out the "9" in the date

Here's one to report.

link
Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff

Comments

• Options
    He actually has 3 of these. All fakes.

jeff
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup and reported...hope it helps.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    The date, for some reason, is hard to fake. For whoever made that one, apparently the entire reverse was hard to fake, too.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The date, for some reason, is hard to fake. >>

not enough talent, creativity nor money/resources and I thank the big man in the sky for it.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    pretty horrible; looks like silver plated spongecake.image
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported. Suggest you all do the same.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All reported, including the Hong Kong fake.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All reported, including the Hong Kong fake. >>

+1
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported all 4.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all bogus and all reported as well.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    image What else in new on fleabay these days.

Unless you are a seasoned collector and know what / what not to look for, it is very easy to get burned on eBay.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All reported, including the Hong Kong fake. >>

Ditto. He's toast.
    Lance.
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported....Looks ridiculous !!
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what happened to all of the people screaming about alibaba during the IPO?? Guess its not just them after all. Quick, call the SEC on ebay!
    Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    I'm not very good a spotting the fakes, especially the ones in slabs but this one seems easy. Please tell me if I'm seeing this right.

1. The coin doesn't look like a struck coin, mostly on the reverse
    2. It looks like it was poured/molded. Again mostly on the reverse
    3. The "dots" on the back come from bubbles. They appear between One and Dollar
    4. The flowing metal around the word one on the reverse also indicate it was poured

How did I do? Am I even close?
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reported from here, too.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Reported all 4. >>

Do it the simple way with simple reporting form that allows up to ten items.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Reported all 4. >>

Do it the simple way with simple reporting form that allows up to ten items. >>

That's the one I use. Seems like they pay a little more attention to this form than the others. This one gives you an option to state the REASON for the report.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Reported all 4. >>

Do it the simple way with simple reporting form that allows up to ten items. >>

That's the one I use. Seems like they pay a little more attention to this form than the others. This one gives you an option to state the REASON for the report. >>

So sorry!!! That one is no longer used/in use. File a report with that link, and I guarantee, NOONE will EVER see it. That went out hen Judith said 'Bye Bye, don't get your hopes up about getting items cancelled any more". All that's left is the 'Report Item' link on the item's page.

edit....this is why so many reported don't get acted on
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not very good a spotting the fakes, especially the ones in slabs but this one seems easy. Please tell me if I'm seeing this right.

1. The coin doesn't look like a struck coin, mostly on the reverse
    2. It looks like it was poured/molded. Again mostly on the reverse

Yes. The almost bubbly surface texture is a give away.

Yes indeed.
    4. The flowing metal around the word one on the reverse also indicate it was poured

How did I do? Am I even close? >>

Yes, your very close undeed!
    Confirmation, along with the above mentioned points, is the shape of the numbers 7 and 9. The top of the 7 is way too fat and the 9 is just pathetic? Look at a genuine coin of this date for comparison. The fat rims are also trouble. A huge give away are the lower hair curls.... There are significant design omissions in this dismal fake.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options

You can actually almost make out an "8". Would be interesting to have in hand and see if the rotation is off 180 degrees. Wouldn't surprise me. image

I can't believe they haven't been removed yet.

jeff
  • Options
    awesome matched set from same clashed pressings, not too subtle. exquisite but not removed yet

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file