Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Pre-Baltimore Choice Seated, Barber & Walking Liberty Coinage (Both AU & MS)

I have a small assortment of coins listed below. Many of these coins have never appeared on a PCGS BST thread, some of them have had their prices reduced and a number I expect will not return with me from this coming week’s Baltimore show. Shipping and insurance are paid for by me and all items may be returned within a one week (7-day) period for complete refund. Payment accepted by personal, bank or business check or money order, USPS money order and PayPal options. I prefer to avoid the use of PayPal with the fees that are associated with this option, but if it is required please let me know. Any questions may be asked within the thread or sent to me via PM or to my email address of tbush@tbnumismatics.com. Thank you for your time.

Additionally, at this time I am also offering an advanced notice email option whereby you may receive descriptions and prices of all new purchases after each major show or, in the event that a larger purchase is made between shows, as soon as I have a nice group of coins. Simply send me a PM with your email address or send an email requesting to be placed on the advanced notice list. I will not hammer you with emails or a sales pitch; only the occasional update to my site. Lastly, if you would like to read more frequent updates as to my business, you may want to follow or "like" me on Facebook.

1) 1898 Barber Dime PCGS MS66/CAC

Mid-date coins are often saved in smaller numbers than those pieces issued either very early or very late within a series. This observation does not hold particularly well with Barber dimes where the great majority of the P-mint coins are available throughout the MS grade range. However, finding an MS66 piece is always at least a bit of a challenge. This coin has a delightful champagne color with delicate rose along the rims on both sides, though stronger on the reverse. Overall, the coin has an elegant air about it that would serve it well within a high end type set. Although readily available in MS, these MS66 pieces are not common and this is especially true with the additional CAC evaluation. SOLD

2) 1907 Barber Dime PCGS MS64/CAC

The Philadelphia mint issues from the latter part of the Barber series are ignored, ignored, ignored; but they can actually be a bit more scarce to find with original skin than any guidebook might suggest. This 1907 has this skin, full luster and frosty white surfaces that feature some dappling of auburn flecks. It is original as the day is long and wonderfully affordable for most type sets. $365.00

3) 1911 Barber Dime PCGS AU58/CAC

What is the saying? That an AU58 is really an MS64 with a tiny bit of rub? In truth, it is the incredibly rare AU58 that is actually an MS64 with a tiny bit of rub, but we may have found the example right here. This coin has full, or pretty darn near full, mint luster consistent with an MS64 and has a delightful look that at arm’s length certainly screams mint state. The first three folks to see this coin at the ANA strongly wanted a price on it, but I wanted even more strongly to take it home for my clients. SOLD

4) 1914-S Barber Dime PCGS MS66/CAC OGH Eliasberg

Both sides of this coin are a light champagne, though the reverse has a steely hue to it, too. The coin is also a flat-out gem with superb luster, good cartwheel and a very nice strike. There are also the remnants of die polish lines throughout the obverse fields. This coin is still in the OGH with the very desirable Eliasberg pedigree noted on the slab. $2,700.00

5) 1874 Seated Liberty Quarter with Arrows PCGS MS62/CAC Briggs Encyclopedia Plate Coin

The MS62 grade is generally unattractive to me or is a grade that in my opinion houses too often a very choice AU58. Thankfully, that is not always the case and the proof of that statement resides in this coin. The with Arrows type is much more difficult to find than some other Seated Liberty quarter types and to find one with thick, powdery patina sitting atop mint luster and having a small crescent of blue toning along the reverse rim is an exceptionally difficult task. This coin is also the plate coin from the Briggs Encyclopedia. $1,150.00

6) 1892 Barber Quarter PCGS AU55/CAC

This coin has the Type I reverse, which is somewhat more scarce than the Type II reverse yet shares the same pricing structure. The obverse of this quarter is a medium grey with subtle hints of blue and green near the rim and around the stars. These colors come out slightly more strongly on the reverse and give the coin a slight iridescent sparkle. It’s stunning to me that these can still generally be had for less than $200 in this grade, but most would not be nearly as original as this little gem. SOLD

7) 1908-O Barber Quarter PCGS AU58/CAC

O-mint Barber quarters are quite often found with a mushy strike and many can be darn right ugly. This coin has a far better strike than typical and only a touch of wear that is offset by vivid lemon and orange toning on the obverse with lesser color on the reverse. $595.00

8) 1876 Seated Liberty Half Dollar PCGS MS64/CAC

A really solid MS64 with a good strike overall, some nice frostiness and a very pleasant and original looking golden-green hue. There are some additional colors sprinkled within the golden-green base, but they require the coin to be tilted to bring them out nicely. $1,395.00

9) 1899 Barber Half Dollar PCGS MS63/CAC

The 1899 Barber half dollar is a nice coin for folks to acquire if they want a nineteenth century coin, but do not want to pay for a scarce date. This coin, along with the 1892, are the most common Barber half dollars in high grade within the nineteenth century The surfaces of this coin are wonderful and satiny with an olive and navy undertone to them. I see very little reason why this coin is in an MS63 and not in an MS64 holder. Indeed, I believe it to be an undergraded MS64. $1,275.00

10) 1907-O Barber Half Dollar PCGS AU58/CAC

On average, this issue is accepted as the worst-struck Barber half dollar for the entire series, but this coin is actually struck quite well. The luster is good, the star centers are full, there is nice skin and some color to the coin as well as only the faintest rub visible on the hair of Ms. Liberty. The reverse shows a well-struck shield, full or nearly full talons and similar surface preservation. This is a great example of a late-date O-mint half dollar. $750.00

11) 1917 Walking Liberty Half Dollar PCGS AU58/CAC

This is a common date coin in a relatively easily obtained grade. However, it has eye appeal that far outpaces its other generic qualities and those who appreciate true, original gunk will like this piece. The strike is fantastic, the color is even and the surfaces are wonderfully preserved. $145.00

12) 1917-D Obverse Walking Liberty Half Dollar PCGS AU58/CAC

1917 features the unusual obverse mintmark that was changed to a reverse mintmark midway through the year. The obverse mintmark coins have a very distinctive look and this piece has a great, crusty appearance. It’s amazing that these branch mint half dollars from the WWI era can be had for so relatively little when they retain near full details and original surfaces. SOLD

13) 1919 Walking Liberty Half Dollar PCGS AU55/CAC

This coin is struck like a moose! The full strike, great dirt encrustation and trace amount of wear combine to make this half dollar look like a medal with Ms. Liberty about to stride right off the coin. Any nice AU will cost in excess of $1,000 and really nice AU58 coins will crest $2,000 so it is nice to see that this barely-misses-AU58 coin can be obtained at the mid-point in price. $1,550.00

www.tbnumismatics.com
tbush@tbnumismatics.com

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Comments