Home Precious Metals
Options

Removed

GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 22, 2019 12:16PM in Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awful red headed stepchild of the PM world. Huge spreads , illiquid market , run don't walk away from palladium .

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Palladium is less liquid, although spreads are reasonable from what I have seen. I tend not to look into it since it isn't classified as a "precious metal" in Canada, so there is sales tax on it. Whereas pure Gold, Silver and Plat are exempt.

Rhodium is the one with massive spreads, hugely illiquid, etc.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I have done okay with my limited purchase. Bought 5 and sold 2 at a coin show to fund a purchase. Just make sure your bulk is in gold or silver.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought a pd leaf maybe $10-$15 over spot shipped via one of the bucks deals.

I bought one. It seems to move wildly with the impressions of the economy and with PM prices.

When it was over $900/oz recently the rage was about Russia and dwindling stockpiles. Negative $125 later, where is the price support from that? It seems more like a gamblers metal than AU, Ag, or Pt.

I'd rather have pt than pd in any quantity over 1 or 2 oz.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the large spreads are a function of the relative lack of liquidity.

Looks like silver but way more expensive, however less dense then platinum and doesn't glitter like gold.

You'd have to time a pretty nice move just right just to break even getting in and out, never mind a profit, and what kind of scale (# oz) are you going to spend the time to make the endevor worthwhile?

like others have said, buy a few ounces for your collection in the pretty shape you prefer, but for a play on the cyclical auto/other high tech sector, trade the paper Pd, imo

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry