Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

List Of Morgan Dollar Dates Found in 'Tidy House' Holders?

Is this information available anywhere? image

Thanks,
Brian
Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is a 'Tidy House'??? Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cleaner that toned some coins.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an 1884-O here in the original cardboard holder. Toned -- probably a simple 63.

Drunner
  • Options

<< <i>I have an 1884-O here in the original cardboard holder. Toned -- probably a simple 63.

Drunner >>

Pic?
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    9 currently for sale on eBay. One with a flyer from Omaha Coin selling them for $2.95 each.
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expect a bunch of 1883-o 1884-o and 1885-o. Some have the half dollars also.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was at an auction recently with 2 kennedy halves (1964) in one card and an 1888 in another.

Lightly toned.

Possibly the second coins in those holders?
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dayum!!

Lost -- never have learned how to take a pic and post. I guess I need a camera and such. Got a cellphone -- I can send a pic to your cell # if that is an option ??? Send a PM.

AND --

Just remembered, dug through some stuff -- also have the Tidy House "two Kennedy" holder here. Again, just MS63 coins, but also includes an 8 1/2" x 11" "Special Offer for the 1964 Kennedys -- giving a cost of $10.95 for 10, $51.95 for 50, or $99.45 for 100 Kennedys. You need to provide a box top from any Tidy House product -- and you are requested "not to specify mints at these prices".

My double holder has one Phil and one Denver . . "2 coin Mint Set". Says "We appreciate your interest in our offer and in our products--DEXOL--PERFEX--SPRING RAIN -- Spring Rain BATH SOFT--Liquid SHINA DISH".

Again . . send a PM and I can send a cellpic if that is something useful.

Drunner

edited for spelling (English Teacher)
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭
    For those curious about the date these dollars were offered, this ad from June 1967 says they are repeating the offer from "last year" where they sent out tens of thousands of silver dollars.

No higher resolultion image was available but Google's optical character reader says

ADVERTISEMENT Tidy House Repeats A Sellout! Scarce SILVER DOLLAR Worth and 3 Tidy House box tops or labels (family size) Last year we filled orders for .tens of thousands of scarce silver dollars . . , all iwe. could 'get our hands on. But after piir offer,, expired the;requests kept corning in asking; us to repeat -, '"theoffer;·"'"··':*'·.·/£$!··'''·. '.?j'.-^ : ' '£ - :'-.v .: "" : . . '* -.' ,:., Now, · good ihewsK.WBjre; jctoinjipit: a£am! But this almost - .'·'·. .certainly 'will Be'^the; last time, wietcan :rn1ke tKis, offer. Silver : · dollars are even scarcer;tHisye;ar'':tV,and^hy ; r^^ Last year, the/retail price for sin ·uhcirculated silver,'dollar was $2;50. } Now thepricejsjup / tb$3.pp*andii;'si,still climbing. · If you misseft getting: your silver dollar last .time, better Never circulated... send for yours now! Our supply is'limited. And there are just so many silver dollars available. None, have been minted for more than 30 years . . . probably none will ever be minted again. The old U.S. silver [dollar contains the highest percent- · age- of silver of any. of our ; coins. The'brilliant/uncirculated ' Morgan Silver Dipllfiij'S we offer truly;rep'resent'th'e silver era of ^coiriage that has now' becohie a part of neverrto:b,e-repeated history/You can get a coin minted more than 75 years ago . . . and never circulated. Your silver dollar will become more valuable as the years, go by .. ..a collector's item to treasure. MAIL THIS ORDER BLANK NOW! Silver dollars make wonderful birthday,'anhiversary and . Christmas gifts. There's nd limit on how many silver dollars;. . you may order. But';you mustiact; quicklyl ^Enclose $1.00 and; '.' three family size box;,tops or lapiels f from any,of the Tidy House' products pictured. Be; sur^'v yOti; send the price-marked tops from fafnily size packages . v'.. : 43 oz. Spring Rain Water Softener, 42 pz, Perfex Ail-Purpose Cleaner; 36 pz. Dexol Safety. Bleach, Spring Rain Bath Soft; or the front label from LiquidShina,Dish. ' ; - HURRY! OFFER ENDS JULY 31, 1967 j You'll'want Jo !tcy'every ohe,pf' I these Tidy House quality products ;.-,'.' ail designed " :tp m/ake house-, :work go faster arid easier! ·. MARTHA BOHLSEN Homo Service Cohsiultant for'Tidy I-Ipuae: Tidy Hpuse;,Box 489, Omaha, Nebraska 1-7 i Please send mev___L--i sdarce Silver Dollars'.worth $3.00 each. For each-/.' Silver Dollar ordered,. I,,enclose $1.00^"and 3 price-markfrd'box'tops (any combination) from family^,size,'packages of Sjjnng/Rain Water Softener,;' Perfex All-Purpose Cleaner,, Dexol. Safety, Bleflch,; Spring Rain, Bath, Soft and/or the front^ label of; Liquid Shina Dish. . v Name:. .(please print) Address:. .State:. .Zip;. Olfor expires July)31, 10B7. Good only-In' U.S.A. Void whore tjroh(bllocl,.toxod or otherwiu* rasl.riotcci by Imv/ Plerajso allow 2-3 wcoks- for dellvory; Imperlonlr You must remember to inoluclo your zip cmlc for prompl delivery,
    Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file