Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Certified Ancient Coin Acceptance Corp. ;)

I'm adding content to my website and have included a "stories" page.

This spoof may give you a giggle image

-------------------------------------------Press Release----------------------------------------------

Get more bang for your Boeotian, more value for your Vabalathus! Here's how:

Certified Ancient Coin Acceptance™ Corporation proudly announces their long-awaited ancient
coin verification program. Protect your investment now with a genuine CACA sticker.
Be coinfident with CACA!

CACA Press Release

Click the link to see the entire "press release".

Comments

=Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award 4/28/2014=
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm laughing (literally) out loud. Hilarious website!! image

But, tread softly -- there is a lot of money in those CAC-owner pockets if they wanted to sue you for infringement. Some people don't have senses of humor... image
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• TIF2TIF2 Posts: 233
    I hope they do have a sense of humor.

I'm not opposed to having some of my coins CAC-stickered and there is obviously value in the service... but it's funny image

Maybe I should add a mitigating disclaimer to the page and cross my fingers.
  • brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hope they do have a sense of humor.

I'm not opposed to having some of my coins CAC-stickered and there is obviously value in the service... but it's funny image

Maybe I should add a mitigating disclaimer to the page and cross my fingers. >>

If they don't have a sense of humor, you'll get a cease and desist notice soon enough. image

Very well done! image Made my Monday!
    -Brandon
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny stuff, got some good chuckles out of it.
  • TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very funny--they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Fortunately for you and all of us, there is a carve-out from IP laws for humor well done.

Tom

• mdwoodsmdwoods Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭
    Bar Code $4.99, Unique Bar Code $9.99. HEHEHEHE image
    National Register Of Big Trees

We'll use our hands and hearts and if we must we'll use our heads.
  • SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely fantastic imageimage
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I am @#%^-a-hoop for CACA." Hysterically funny, and good job.

Believe it or not, the PCGS text editor here made me change the word in question. (Never saw that before.) I guess context is beyond its ken.

Best Regards, George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    Love it!!!!
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com