Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The Crisser's report on dealer set up day at the National.

As ballers do, The Crisser was among the first in the door on dealer set up day. Slow start as lines were long with vehicles driving into the IX Center. Once inside, I set about traversing the room. You would've thought last night was Saturday night as dealers were slow to get their stuff out. But once it came out......OMG! High grade sets were plentiful but they did not last long.....the usual guys were doing their thing. I picked up a few. By about 1pm I'd say over half the room was getting set up and most dealers it seemed arrived today.

Then I took a pass by BBCE......double OMG!!!!! Mr. Hart has definitely got some stuff there. And some of it won't last until the opening tomorrow.

Didn't go by the good folks at PSA today, but I'm sure they will be busy.

Peace out, more tomorrow!
The Crisser

Comments

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the cool report Crisser! Have fun tomorrow
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    4SC probably already bought every high grade raw set in the room.image
  • You probably weren't even there.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool story, bro. I Wish
  • DavisDavis Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Bring home presents!
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You probably weren't even there. >>

He was there. I saw him

• RookieHOFersRookieHOFers Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

<< <i> 4SC probably already bought every high grade raw set in the room. >>

I was going to ask you who you meant when you made the comment the usual guys were doing there thing. But you just answered that question.
    Matt
    I collect: 80’s Rookies and 86 Fleer Basketball
  • Pics? Bbce inventory/pics?
    Or as they say on the web, it didn't happen or something like that
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

Dude you went to the wrong convention!! You should be in San Diego!!

• << <i>image >>

Very nice, is there a Katz's pastrami on rye hidden somewhere in there?

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    As ballers do, The Crisser was among the first in the door on dealer set up day. Slow start as lines were long with vehicles driving into the IX Center. Once inside, I set about traversing the room. You would've thought last night was Saturday night as dealers were slow to get their stuff out. But once it came out......OMG! High grade sets were plentiful but they did not last long.....the usual guys were doing their thing. I picked up a few. By about 1pm I'd say over half the room was getting set up and most dealers it seemed arrived today.

Then I took a pass by BBCE......double OMG!!!!! Mr. Hart has definitely got some stuff there. And some of it won't last until the opening tomorrow.

Didn't go by the good folks at PSA today, but I'm sure they will be busy.

Peace out, more tomorrow!

Was there also a lot of mid-grade vintage and .50 boxes? Did Blowout have tons of modern wax? Tell us more!
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's Richie Rich??!! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I wasnt there...or was I? Gosh, now I cant remember if Im CrissCriss or Yankeeno7.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I wasnt there...or was I? Gosh, now I cant remember if Im CrissCriss or Yankeeno7. >>

Nice try, Lee.

• << <i>Very nice, is there a Katz's pastrami on rye hidden somewhere in there? >>

Mmmmmmmm Katz's Pastrami on Rye!

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I wasnt there...or was I? Gosh, now I cant remember if Im CrissCriss or Yankeeno7. >>

Nice try, Lee. >>

Close, Im Gary.
  • >>

Mmmmmmmm Katz's Pastrami on Rye! >>

I was there Saturday.....because of you! We had plans in the city on Saturday night, but couldn't figure out what we wanted to do in the afternoon. Then I read your post in the "What do you do for a living" thread. Then I thought to myself...."I wonder if he set up Katz's with their POS system?" Then I was going to post a picture of a Katz's sandwich and ask you if you set them up with their POS system. Then I was too lazy to upload a picture of a pastrami on rye to my photo bucket. Then I turned to my wife and said "How 'bout we get lunch at Katz's tomorrow, then we can just walk around the village for a while before we check in". Then she said "Good call".

Between us we had 2 sandwiches, 2 7ups, and an order of fries. best $58 I ever spent! Thanks Snuffy!

• So are you saying bbce had just the 75 in vintage baseball boxes, vintage unopened box wise? And two 86 fleer basketball boxes?

Thx again

• << <i>Between us we had 2 sandwiches, 2 7ups, and an order of fries. best $58 I ever spent! Thanks Snuffy! >>

A steal at TWICE the price! If you like lox, herring, sable, whitefish and smoked fish in general head uptown to Zabar's!

• << <i>

<< <i>Between us we had 2 sandwiches, 2 7ups, and an order of fries. best $58 I ever spent! Thanks Snuffy! >>

A steal at TWICE the price! If you like lox, herring, sable, whitefish and smoked fish in general head uptown to Zabar's! >>

Yeah man, it was well worth it! Hadn't been there in 6 years. I wont be waiting that long again in between visits! Never been to Zabar's.....I'll have to try it sometime.

• dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

HAHAHAHAHA. I almost peed when I saw this.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    CrissCriss, I missed you yesterday. Please stop by as I'm at the BBCE booth right now. Can't miss me, I have a Mets shirt with number 9 on back.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>CrissCriss, I missed you yesterday. Please stop by as I'm at the BBCE booth right now. Can't miss me, I have a Mets shirt with number 9 on back. >>

He'll meet you under the bridge. Please change into your billy goat outfit first imageimageimage.

• << <i>CrissCriss, I missed you yesterday. Please stop by as I'm at the BBCE booth right now. Can't miss me, I have a Mets shirt with number 9 on back. >>

My guess is this meet up never happens.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I won the battle of the Yoda avatars.....LOLimage
  • Thank god I am not able to attend this show, I would literally be bankrupt in minutes!