Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does anybody have good pics of the nearly nonexistent '36 DDO FS-101 WLH?

FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
The big DDO, not the common one. CPG has a photo, but it's just a close up of the date, I'm looking for a full obverse shot. I know there's only a handful known, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Comments

• Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Bump holding out hope, on my bucket list as well.
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one of my variety cherrypick white whales.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are only one or two known that I am aware of. One (raw cleaned) has been floated on eBay several times at a huge price, but with no takers.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are several good images in "Treasure Hunting Walking Liberty Half Dollars" by Kevin Flynn and Brian Raines.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been looking for one for years and have seen the cleaned VF mentioned. The variety also has a nice doubled die reverse-a Class V that shows best in "UNITED."
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>

<< <i>There are several good images in "Treasure Hunting Walking Liberty Half Dollars" by Kevin Flynn and Brian Raines. >>

If you have the book, do you mind scanning and uploading the pics, or at least emailing them to me so that I can do so? Provided they're used for educational purposes (which these images would be) I don't believe that is in violation of the copyright protections. Shelling out $40 for a book is pretty steep if all I really want is images of the '36 DDO. >>

I would argue that 40$ is a tremendous value for such a good book and not steep at all. I have a copy but scanning is a pain in the butt.
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is also a photo in the "Cherrypickers' Guide". The north-south doubling on the tail of the 9 is profound.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge is power.

Buy the book

Besides, is it legal to post the photo without permission?
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been looking for one of those for years (more years than I have been on this forum).... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Knowledge is power.

Buy the book

Besides, is it legal to post the photo without permission? >>

from my understanding "fair use" gives a broad spectrum to use of intellectual property/copyright material.

whether or not the owner can make a claim is another matter entirely and yet another matter if it would be worth the time/effort/cost even if they could.

also, i'm sure it doesn't hurt quoting what the source is.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file