Home U.S. Coin Forum

Two currency-related stories on CBS Sunday Morning this morning

WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
--Severian the Lame

Comments

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good segments. I never fail to catch "Sunday Morning". At least one segment catches my interest every week if not two or three.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>An artist who uses US currency for his collages >>

Here's a direct link to a Mark Wagner online gallery and one of his pieces for those that don't want to search or watch a video.

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was illegal to cut up bills?

Evidently not...........

Now I wonder where he got the "seed" money for his 1st Piece?

Maybe he could work out a deal with JSG Boggs?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
    Apparently, money isn't the expensive part as he works with $1 bills. George is on a lot of his art.

<< <i>"Is it expensive to work with money?" asked CBS News correspondent Anthony Mason. "It's not," replied Wagner. "The bills aren't the expensive part of the operation. It's the time -- that's the expensive part." >>

• 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Apparently, money isn't the expensive part as he works with $1 bills. George is on a lot of his art.

<< <i>"Is it expensive to work with money?" asked CBS News correspondent Anthony Mason. "It's not," replied Wagner. "The bills aren't the expensive part of the operation. It's the time -- that's the expensive part." >>

>>

I thought I heard him say that 80,000 bills were used for one such piece.

That's a lotta moo-la!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

<< <i>

<< <i>Apparently, money isn't the expensive part as he works with $1 bills. George is on a lot of his art.

>>

I thought I heard him say that 80,000 bills were used for one such piece.

That's a lotta moo-la! >>

You may be thinking of this one which was made from 81,895 pieces cut out from just 1,121 dollar bills.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my personal taste in art, but that is a lot of work. The symbolism is clear. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file