Home U.S. Coin Forum

A fun coin from my 7070. Franky. Grade? and of course..AT or NT?

All coins kept in safety deposit box.

Comments

• rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks 65 NT. Mint set.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Looks 65 NT. Mint set.

^ this
  • DaveWcoinsDaveWcoins Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭
    100% NT.

I've seen many like it from double mint sets.
    Dave Wnuck. Redbook contributor; long time PNG Member; listed on the PCGS Board of Experts. PM me with your email address to receive my e-newsletter, and visit DaveWcoins.com Find me on eBay at davewcoins
  • I'd go 65. Absolutely natural, and nice. image
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    64 NT.....Cheers, RickO
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely NT. 58-D silver with that type of toning (mint set) is dirt common.

I'm not sure I'd go as high as 65 on the grade. A fair amount of hits on the bust and the reverse pic isn't very clear.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Those greens are electric.

Mint set toned coins from this era really aren't my cuppa tea, and for that reason, I don't care much for the reverse on this one, but I must say the colors on the obverse are quite respectable.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,267 ✭✭✭
    MS62 (maybe AU58) and NT.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NT

Reverse is poorly struck

LCoopie = Les
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They come a lot better for not too much. Keep the eyes open and you will find one.
  • DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,175 ✭✭✭✭✭
    63 or 64 and definitely NT.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭✭
    64 ish and NT. Great coin
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK for a 7070 since you have already spent money on it. The toning is probably natural. Grade is no better than 63 due to the very visible marks on Franklin's cheek, jaw, hair and the field behind his shoulder. The toning on the reverse appears to be very unattractive.

It's a coin I wouldn't buy.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    NT and 64
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natural toning from a Mint Set holder. I don't care for the look of the reverse at all; it's just tarnish to me; but then again, these coins are not my thing.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    MS63 and not FBL. Nice mint set toning.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file