Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Saddle Ridge coins making their way to eBay...post your link here if you find some available elsewhe

Link to eBay auction

I was wondering how quickly people would try to flip the SRH coins? From the outset I wondered how many people were buying those coins at 200%-300% markups only in hopes of flipping them for even more profit on eBay (or elsewhere)...to monetize the hype machine? Or how many people would receive their $900 coin and go OMG, I just paid $3k for this?...and try to get out of it.

I know that a number of people bought the SRH coins for personal reasons, and I am truly happy for them, but I wonder how many people bought the coins in anticipation of quick gains?

Now I'm really curious what will happen over the next 6-12 months...it is inevitable that SRH coins will start hitting the market because of buyer remorse or people betting on quick gains, or other reasons.

Where will the price points for these pretty boxed coins ultimately end up?

Anyhow...if you see other SRH coins hitting the market, please share the link (if you are not in the market of buying it).

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, it appears to be only one overpriced one listed.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If known, post the Amazon sale price as well.

<< <i>I wonder how many people bought the coins in anticipation of quick gains? >>

More power to those that do so. Profit is the reward for taking risk. It is the great motivator of American entrepreneurship and competitative capitalism, something greatly missing in today's business environment.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the return privileges on Amazon?
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    This same seller had this listing that ended on 5/26 for the ridiculous price of $14,500 with no takers. I wonder why?
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cleaned
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like how the ebay seller included a photo of PCGS's cert verification page...but photoshop/deleted the row that says "PCGS Price Guide Value: $950". LOL.
    Lance.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not know it stacked that high until I read that listing.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New items from S.R. on eBay

Saddle Ridge #1

number 2
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    It's interesting that one seller is a newbie (15 feedback) and the other is a pro (17,000 feedback).

I'm thinking the pro bought a cheap coin and is looking to make a few bucks on the quick, where as the newbie seller probably got threatened of divorce by his wife for buying a non diamond studded necklace pendant for $7.5k and is looking to get their money back.

LOL, I'm completely joking/making this up, but I would love to revert back to SRH sellers to have them provide their unfiltered comments as to what went through their mind as they were hitting the "buy" button and then what prompted them sell it nearly immediately after they received the coin.
  • Options
    BloodManBloodMan Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is another one on eBay..

1888-S $20 in AU58+

There a still a couple AU58's available on Amazon for $3850, but no AU58+'s.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    TTT

OH what memories these Coins bring. Sure am glad I didnt jump, though.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone remember what this one brought? The ultimate Saddle Ridge rust coin image

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    several available now (like 7) on ebay with the lowest price of $5k

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still have my MS-63 1889-S and very happy with it; no plans to sell. I haven't seen all that many show up for resale, though I did hear of crackouts and crossovers to NGC getting a higher numerical grade.
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone remember what this one brought? The ultimate Saddle Ridge rust coin image

image >>

Interesting that no auction info is listed on the cert lookup. I also would like to know why this coin is not considered damaged but is straight graded MS62?
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting that no auction info is listed on the cert lookup. >>

I checked a few others and couldn't find any auction info for those as well. Perhaps PCGS doesn't have access to the auction data for Saddle Ridge?
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I checked a few others and couldn't find any auction info for those as well. Perhaps PCGS doesn't have access to the auction data for Saddle Ridge? >>

There was no auction. Sold on Amazon. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I checked a few others and couldn't find any auction info for those as well. Perhaps PCGS doesn't have access to the auction data for Saddle Ridge? >>

There was no auction. Sold on Amazon. Please correct me if I'm wrong. >>

You're right of course. They were on Amazon and there wasn't an auction. In fact, the Saddle Ridge coins are still sold on Amazon. Perhaps Kagin's and PCGS just need to agree on data sharing?
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that no auction info is listed on the cert lookup. I also would like to know why this coin is not considered damaged but is straight graded MS62?

Why would you think it's damaged?? I saw the coin in person before it was certified and loved the look of the coin.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why anyone would pay a premium for these coins is, to me, inconceivable. Nothing but hype - and potentially untrue as well.... have coins, make up a story, sell for inflated prices.....hmmmmm been done many times before.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

TTT

OK ! Here we are a few more years down the road. Are these " Treasure" Coins doing well at all?

• Options

Where's Regulated when you need him??

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

I need to 'dig up' some coins and name them.... Yeah... 'The Ridge Runner Hoard'....found in an old mountain cabin deep in the wild, trackless steppes of the Catskill Mountains......That's the ticket.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Why anyone would pay a premium for these coins is, to me, inconceivable.

Do you think that most Amazon buyers knew that they were paying a premium?

Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options

@MrEureka ....Excellent point.... you are very likely correct. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Christos said:
    << <i>Anyone remember what this one brought? The ultimate Saddle Ridge rust coin

>>

This is the only saddle ridge coin I would want. Belongs to a forum member here. He told me he was able to buy it before they went for sale publicly, if I remember. I would love to buy it from him if he ever wants to sell...

• Options

Not for sale, yet....and your second in line behind Regulated. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file