Home U.S. Coin Forum

Women In Numismatic's (WIN) 25-25/50 Raffle Fundraiser for Summer Seminar Scholarship!

ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
As President of Women In Numismatics, I’m pleased to announce a fun and easy way for everyone to get involved and support numismatic education!

We’re holding a 25-25/50 raffle fundraiser, which means TWO lucky winners will each walk away with 25% of the total raffle ticket sales, and 50% will go directly to WIN’s scholarship program to ANA's Summer Seminar. Tickets are only $1 each or 6 for $5.

Each year, WIN pays for one lucky numismatist’s tuition and board for a semester at the American Numismatic Association’s annual Summer Seminar in Colorado Springs – and we need your help to keep this amazing scholarship program going. So pick up a ticket or two for your chance to "win" while supporting WIN!

You can pm or email me at charmy@thepennylady.com. Also, Amanda Varner (WIN VP) and I will be selling tickets at the Long Beach Coin show so be sure to stop by our tables (I'm at table 848 and Amanda's table is 515).
Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®

Comments

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    to promote more gender diversity on the bourse, i vote WIN FTW!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Numismatic education is always a good cause. Count me in!
  • ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone wanting tickets can send me a check made payable to Women in Numismatics, and I will send you your half of the ticket stubs, and put the other half in the basket for the drawing which will be held at the Chicago ANA. Here's my address:

Charmy Harker
    P.O. Box 61987
    Irvine, CA 92604

Thank you for your support!!
    We just added a PayPal button to our website if anyone prefers to use that. Here's a LINK to our WIN website.

There's a "donate" button at the right side of the page that will take you to PayPal where you can enter the amount for however many tickets you want to purchase ($1 each or 6 for $5). You will receive an email letting you know your name has been entered in the drawing on however many tickets you requested. We will record which ticket numbers have been assigned to you, and if you also prefer, you can request that the actual tickets be mailed to you.

The drawing will be held at the Chicago ANA, and winners need not be present! Thank you for your support, and a special thanks to those who have already ordered raffle tickets - it is much appreciated!
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be selling tickets at the ANA also or is that too late?

<< <i>Will you be selling tickets at the ANA also or is that too late? >>

Yes we will be selling tickets at the Chicago ANA through Friday. Stop by my table (No. 911) if you'd like to purchase some there.
  • bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Women In Numismatics,

Great organization that helps to promote girls and women in our coin hobby. I know personally that having a young daughter who loves to collect with her dad, the time spent together is priceless. Help support WIN's scholarship program to the ANA's Summer Seminar.

-Bob
    Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for $100 and don't want to wait for Lunar Lounge. . . . image

Make check payable to whom? Address?

Not for me, but do you take Pay-Pal?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

<< <i>image

Not for me, but do you take Pay-Pal? >>

Thank you Rick! Make check payable to Women in Numismatics and mail it to me, and I will send or bring you the tickets:

Charmy Harker
    P.O. Box 61987
    Irvine, CA 92604

For those wanting to use PayPal, just go to our WIN website and you can purchase the tickets through the "donate" PayPal button. Thanks again for your generosity and support!

<< <i>image

Not for me, but do you take Pay-Pal? >>

Good job Jessup!
  • FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    Charmy, will you be selling the raffle tickets at the upcoming Long Beach show?

Matt

<< <i>Charmy, will you be selling the raffle tickets at the upcoming Long Beach show? >>

Yes! Come see me at table 848 and I will have plenty there!
    The raffle tickets are selling like hotcakes, thanks to many of you! Thank you so much for helping WIN. The Long Beach show starts tomorrow (dealer set up), then Thursday through Saturday for the public. Be sure to stop by my table (848) and Amanda's table (515) if you'd like to get some raffle tickets.

And of course I will be doing a show report, so stop by, say hi and I'd be happy to take your photo if you'd like to be in my report.
  • Wife collected, mother collected, grandmother collected.

Three generations of Women in Numismatics in my family.

Charmy, my check is in the mail.
    "Giving away an MS-65 $20 St. Gaudens to everyone logged in when I make my 10,000th post..."
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wife collected, mother collected, grandmother collected.

Charmy, my check is in the mail. >>

Wonderful WIN story........image
  • bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to buy any raffle tickets but if a woman wins a scholarship I will donate $100 to WIN .

Just PM me with the results please.
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

<< <i>Wife collected, mother collected, grandmother collected.

Charmy, my check is in the mail. >>

I got introduced into coins from an aunt. Thank you so much for your support!

<< <i>I don't want to buy any raffle tickets but if a woman wins a scholarship I will donate $100 to WIN .

Just PM me with the results please. >>

FYI, two raffle winners will each receive 25% of the proceeds of what we collect from the raffle, then the other 50% goes towards the ANA summer seminar scholarship that WIN chooses the recipient of the scholarship from those who applied and met the requirements. Usually it is a woman, but it doesn't have to be.
    Last bump - heading to Long Beach today. If you make it to the show, be sure to stop by my table No. 848 or Amanda's table 515 for raffle tickets. It's a really good cause, and you could win 25% of the receipts!
    ...and with the tickets in the mail, I got an uber cool Hendrix Stamp affixed on the envelope.

Thank you Charmy. Hope the raffle was a success.
    Thank you again to all of you who are participating in our raffle - I just mailed the raffle tickets to those who sent me checks and cash this past week.

FYI, We were just informed by PayPal that we cannot accept payments for raffle tickets through PayPal, so we had to remove the button on the WIN website. However, ticket sales are booming and we are still accepting cash or checks if any of you still want to get in on the 25/25/50 WIN raffle to help support our annual scholarship for someone to attend the ANA Summer Seminar! As mentioned, there will be TWO winners who will each receive 25% of the total raffle receipts, with the other 50% going towards the scholarship.

The drawing will be held at the Chicago ANA, so there's plenty of time to participate. You can send cash or checks made payable to Women in Numismatics to me at:

Charmy Harker
    P.O. Box 61987
    Irvine, CA 92602

Thanks again for all your support!
    Just a reminder that the WIN raffle is still going on. We've had a great response so the pot will be very full, so don't pass on an opportunity to possibly win part of the pot and contribute to a great cause!
    Once again, thank you so much for all your support! (Larry Hair and Greg Rogers, thank you so much for your extra generous contributions of $100/$105!!!) I'm not sure of the exact numbers since there are several of us selling the tickets, but I believe so far WIN has received close to $1,000 from this raffle. Whahoooo!

Just FYI, I am leaving on Friday for the ANA show, so if any of you still want to purchase tickets by mail, be sure that I receive the request/money by THIS Thursday (July 31) at the latest. But if any of you want to make a last minute purchase, I will take payments by PayPal to my own account, and put the cash in for you myself. Just note as a reference that it's for WIN and send payment to charmy@thepennylady.com. Even if I can't mail your ticket stubs back to you before the drawing, I will personally make sure that the tickets get put into the drawing in time.

Thanks again for all your generosity - it is VERY MUCH appreciated!!!

<< <i>Thanks again for all your generosity - it is VERY MUCH appreciated!!! >>

Good work Charmy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file