1943d Silver War nickel

1939 Nickel

1938 Nickel

1949 Nickel

Comments

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!

By found in change, do you mean recently?
    I have found some pretty good stuff in the past but it's getting tougher.
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    all coins listed are either past or current finds
  • Options
    JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154
    Finding an old coin in change, especially silver, always makes my day!
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to plead guilty. I do release a few IHC's back into circulation every once in a while. I just wonder how long they circulate until someone finds them and hope that it makes their day.

OINK
  • Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool it helps get people interest in coins
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool! I got a crusty 1920 Lincoln just yesterday. I threw it back in hoping someone, maybe a young future numismatist, will find it & love it. image

Funny thing about Jeffersons, I think it's still completely possible to get a full set from circulation.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice finds image
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds silverpop

In early April I purchased $87.50 in pennies at my local bank. I noticed that the depositor ahead of me was stuffing wheat cents back into a few rolls that opened while transporting them. The bank teller later sold me the lot.

One third were wheat cents. I sold most for 3 cents each and kept the pre-1930 coins. The ones worthy of note were:

1909 VDB in VF
    1915-S in F
    1924-D in VF
  • Options
    FlashFlash Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭
    On a lark I picked up 10 rolls of cents from the bank to search through, and ended up with 3 and a half rolls of steelies.

Matt
  • Options
    MrHalfDimeMrHalfDime Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭✭
    "Funny thing about Jeffersons, I think it's still completely possible to get a full set from circulation."

I had always believed so, and I actually accomplished that feat, although it was in about 1982. It took a lot of roll searching, but I was able to complete the Jefferson nickel set from circulation. By the time I had completed the set I had located two 1939-Ds and even two 1950-Ds. The 1943-S was the last coin I found to complete the series. I believe it could still be done today if one had the time and patience to do so.
    They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife got a silver roosie in change last week. I was shocked.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Did you hear about this?

1909-S put in circulation

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    sawyerjoshsawyerjosh Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    I work as a front end manager at a grocery store and see thousands of coins a week. I've come a across a few coins in the last three years. Every once in a while some silver, dimes and quarters, and some buffalo nickels, a couple Indian Cents, a couple Ike's and a couple silver clad halves. The most numerous though are silver war nickels, I've found 8 of those. I let the wheat cents, older bills, and older Jefferson's and worn buffalo's slide though. Maybe they will spark someone's interest.
    As a seller: USARarities, acloco, coindudeonebay, Twinturbo, MICHAELDIXON, blu62vette, mothra454, LukeMarshall, USARarities
    As a buyer: QualityCurrencycom, tychojoe, AurumMiner, Collectorcoins, perfectstrike, ModCrewman, LeeBone, nickel, REALGATOR, MICHAELDIXON, pointfivezero, Walkerguy21D
    Trades: georgiacop50

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file