Home U.S. Coin Forum

Ebay just offered me $5 in ebay bucks to bid on 5 items

FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Guess I've been hitting the BIN's too much lately.

Comments

• I got that also. Placed 5 opening bids on items that will sell for much more. Didn't want anything but that $5 was too easy to pass up.
  • GoldenEggGoldenEgg Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already been outbid on the five I bid on. image
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I got that also. Placed 5 opening bids on items that will sell for much more. Didn't want anything but that $5 was too easy to pass up. >>

Yeah, I just bid $12 on a bunch of .99c Morgans lol. >>

probably the same 5 Morgans I bid on.

Boy, that is a strange promo. Ebay is running out of ideas.
  • NewRoseNewRose Posts: 309 ✭✭
    Do you guys think there is some sort of algorithm they used to select the few who would get the promotion, or do you think it was random?

Successful BST transactions with: copperhunter (2010), Tdec1000 (2010), barrytrot (2011), kaz, (2011), Metalsman (2011), jimineez1 (2020), U1chicago (2020)

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you guys think there is some sort of algorithm they used to select the few who would get the promotion, or do you think it was random? >>

I'd guess it went to us slacker who aint been biddin much lately.
  • DavideoDavideo Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this. I checked my eBay spam and I had the same offer image
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd promotion but I will take it. Wonder how long till the bucks show up. It says up to 4 weeks.
  • TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got that also. Placed 5 opening bids on items that will sell for much more. Didn't want anything but that $5 was too easy to pass up. >>

ditto, I bid on 5 losers, but, hey, who knows, perhaps there is a steal in there
    Frank

BHNC #203

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here...bid on 5 items and were outbid on all but one within the same day. Did I read it right that you could accomplish this daily?
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this message in my ebay folder last night , I was going to bid on 5 things today but the message disappeared image

I wonder if they withdrew the offer. The same thing happened a few weeks ago with the sell an item get $10 coupon promotion
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for my $5 to appear.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm waiting for my $5 to appear. >>

same here
  • habaracahabaraca Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so now ebay is paying for shill bidders...........

What is this world coming to
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so now ebay is paying for shill bidders...........

What is this world coming to >>

When they do the next quarterly earnings they can say there was a big increase in bids this quarter. image

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's one of those scams from Nigeria.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it's one of those scams from Nigeria. >>

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • pcunixpcunix Posts: 620

<< <i>I'm waiting for my $5 to appear. >>

They said in the email that it won't show up until later.

The Promotion starts at 12:00AM PT on April 28, 2014, and ends at 11:59PM PT on May 4, 2014. eBay Bucks can only be earned on individual bids (auction items only) that meet the minimum requirements specified under “Who’s eligible” above. PROMOTION LIMIT: Maximum of $5 in eBay Bucks per person and per eBay user ID during the Promotion. eBay Bucks will be rewarded up to 4 weeks after the promotion ends.
  • GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    Lets update the thread when we get the bucks and show what we get with the free $5 image
    Ed
  • Takes 4 weeks to show up but long before you can spend them.
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well didn't get the bucks but the 6000 free listings more than make up for it, just wish I had 6000 coins to list.image
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well didn't get the bucks but the 6000 free listings more than make up for it, just wish I had 6000 coins to list.image >>

120 rolls of Cents will do the trick.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think it's one of those scams from Nigeria. >>

image >>

+2

If this place gave CAC stickers for funny, this would be platinum.
  • 19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,470 ✭✭✭✭

I would have done the exact same thing.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file