Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Losing the pedigree on cross overs?

I submitted an Eric P Newman Walking Liberty Half in for Crossover. It crossed but I lost the pedigree on the holder. I didn't mind losing the CAC sticker.
Do you have to request them to put in on the PCGS holder?
I saw some that were crossed and the pedigree was on the holder. I only bought the coin to have an Eric P Newman coin. Then wanted to have it in My registry set.
It’s a real bummer.

Comments

• Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I submitted an Eric P Newman Walking Liberty Half in for Crossover. It crossed but I lost the pedigree on the holder. I didn't mind losing the CAC sticker.
    Do you have to request them to put in on the PCGS holder?
    I saw some that were crossed and the pedigree was on the holder. I only bought the coin to have an Eric P Newman coin. Then wanted to have it in My registry set.
    It’s a real bummer.
    image >>

I thought it would have crossed with it included. Send for a reholder.
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always, and in big block print.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And with "DO NOT CROSS WITHOUT PEDIGREE".

Give them a call & see if they'll fix it.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭
    They'll probably make things right for you if you have concrete evidence that your coin is the Newman coin.
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options

<< <i>They'll probably make things right for you if you have concrete evidence that your coin is the Newman coin. >>

The best I can do is show them the pictures from the Heritage Auction with the cert they gave Me back. Along with sending them back the coin. I have sent in over 500 coins in for grading in the last 4 years and never had to call them.. So this is not a rant or complaint, just a question before I call them. I am sure they are very busy.

[URL=http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/Panthersgd/media/45-d.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/Panthersgd/media/IMG_0031.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1091.photobucket.com/user/Panthersgd/media/IMG_0004-6.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was the NGC cert # on the submission form?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭
    Should be a simple fix with a reholder request and the picture of the coin in the N holder included.
  • Options

<< <i>Was the NGC cert # on the submission form? >>

Yes it was on the form. I sent in 8 crossovers all with the cert # listed on the Form. 6 Crossed at the same grade . It was actually a great submission for me.

1 1 29618299 5820 1943 25C USA DNC
    2 1 29618300 5835 1947-S 25C USA DNC
    3 1 29618301 5852 1953 25C USA MS67
    4 1 29618302 5831 1946-D 25C USA MS67
    5 1 29618303 5816 1941-S 25C USA MS67
    6 1 29618304 6625 1945-D 50C USA MS66
    7 1 29618305 6629 1946-S 50C USA MS66
    8 1 29618306 6606 1939 50C USA MS66
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting it reholdered will be easy then

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed...shouldn't be anything a little money can't resolve....
    (postage, reholder fees, etc)

You have all the "proof" and it should have been done initially (call and ask them, nicely, if they will do it for no fee and maybe give you a voucher for a future grading since it really should have been done initially).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    To make certain a pedigree is maintained you need to note it on the invoice. When I do it I circle that line and write in big letters under it: "KEEP PEDIGREE". Once you get your coins back always make sure the pedigree is noted and spelled correctly. One time I sent a Battle Creek Morgan to NGC for re-holdering the pedigree came back as "Battle Greek".
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Should be a simple fix with a reholder request and the picture of the coin in the N holder included. >>

Agreed. You should have the Newman insert as well, and the NGC # should be the same as that listed on your submission.
    I brake for ear bars.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing a similar topic from the same Newman Collection in the crossover process being left off the PCGS insert.

A phone would definitely be in order.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>it should have been done initially (call and ask them, nicely, if they will do it for no fee and maybe give you a voucher for a future grading since it really should have been done initially). >>

They do it if you request it. Some people don't want pedigrees retained on crossover, and PCGS can't know the submitters preference unless you tell them.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty coin. Good luck with the re-attribution!
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    About ten years ago I sent my Binion pedigree Morgans in for crossover and they came back without the Binion pedigree on the new PCGS slabs. I called up PCGS asking them why they had not put the Binion name on the slabs and they told me it was a pedigree that they did not recognize. To this day I have not seen the Binion pedigree on a PCGS slab.
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>About ten years ago I sent my Binion pedigree Morgans in for crossover and they came back without the Binion pedigree on the new PCGS slabs. I called up PCGS asking them why they had not put the Binion name on the slabs and they told me it was a pedigree that they did not recognize. To this day I have not seen the Binion pedigree on a PCGS slab. >>

A heads up on that would've been nice.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file