Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is CoinSuperStore opening an old fashioned store front in Connecticut?

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
On Saturday morning, Longacre's limo was motoring him to his parents' house, in an undisclosed location in Connecticut. Briefly looking up from my Wall St Journal, I gazed out the window at the hoi polloi on the streets. I was shocked to see, nestled snugly near a car wash and a laundromat, there appeared to be an old-fashioned storefront housing a coin concern called CoinSuperStore. I have heard of them before, having attended a coin show that they host in New Haven in the past.

Thinking that it was quaint to see an actual coin store, I could not tell if the store was in the process of being opened, or being shut down. I hope it is the former. In today's age where one can surf the internet from their overstuffed chair and order any coin they want on the planet, I was curious if this store was truly opening, or whether it was a Numismatic Mirage™. Does anyone know? The next time I am back in the old 'hood, I will instruct the driver to pull over so I can check it out (keeping the motor running, of course).
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is the establishment that I expect I'm familiar with, the proprietor is a member and infrequent poster here.

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to read a Longacre post...

Hope all is well.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    I know the shop you are talking about. I was down in the Milford/Branford area for work in mid December and pulled into the shopping center off Frontage Rd to grab some clothes, since I was staying a couple nights longer than planned. I pulled out the back entrance to the shopping center hoping to find a way back to 95 South when I spotted the coin shop on the right. It was probably 7-8 PM and they were open, which blew my mind, since I didn't think I was in the greatest area. I stopped in and there were actually other customers in the shop. The guy behind the counter was very helpful, but it seemed most of what I was looking for was in their NY shop. Still a place I stop in whenever I am in the area.

There is another shop in Milford/Orange on Rt 1, if you are heading south it is on the right. I don't know the name of it, and if you are not looking for it you will miss it. Not a bad stop either if you are down that way.

Any good steamed cheeseburger shops in that area?
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Good to read a Longacre post...

Hope all is well. >>

Indeed.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's seems most B&M's these days are just bullion middle-men.

Looking forward to hearing the full report once you have a chance to visit in person. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file