Home U.S. Coin Forum

Sudden Influx of New Members?

I have seen a few new members this weekend alone, posting actively. This is great to see.

Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.

Comments

• TireKickerTireKicker Posts: 870 ✭✭
    New Membership is always good. Let's try not to scare them away!
    All the best,

Rob

Successful Trades with: Coincast, MICHAELDIXON

Successful Purchases from: Manorcourtman, Meltdown
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Blood is always good for the hobby....bring it on baby image

Erik
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>New Membership is always good. Let's try not to scare them away! >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Up, up with people. You meet 'em wherever you go. Up, up with people. They're the best kind of folks we know. If more people were for people….all people everywhere…. There'd be a lot less people to worry about and a lot more people who care." image

If we think of them as people instead of members maybe a lot fewer will be

dismembered
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...no doubt we will chew up and spit out at least 3 out of 5
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen a few new members this weekend alone, posting actively. This is great to see.

while I tend to agree with this, past experience also says that there are quite a few reasons why it is a bad thing. I'm sure that will be made clear as time passes. nonetheless, welcome to the NutRanch.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have seen a few new members this weekend alone, posting actively. This is great to see.

while I tend to agree with this, past experience also says that there are quite a few reasons why it is a bad thing. I'm sure that will be made clear as time passes. nonetheless, welcome to the NutRanch. >>

Are you thinking there may be a few alt ID's in the mix?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with keets....time will tell... meanwhile.... welcome to the new members..... or, as Russ used to say - "Fresh meat"...image Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>New Membership is always good. Let's try not to scare them away! >>

yet image
  • leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're able to buy coins, silver and gold again.........everything is f...a...l...l...I...n...g.

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• HandHHandH Posts: 438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>...no doubt we will chew up and spit out at least 3 out of 5 >>

No doubt why some still lurk in the woods just absorbing as much learned information as we can, before the inevitable.

US Civil War coinage
    Historical Medals

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>No doubt why some still lurk in the woods just absorbing as much learned information as we can, before the inevitable. >>

HEY! There goes one now. Get 'em!

JKLOL, as my daughter would say.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Thank you sparky64. Have wanted to chime in before but felt very afraid. As O'neil said in Platoon, " I got a bad feelin' on this one. I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here". Maybe I'll be in the minority and stick around for awhile.

US Civil War coinage
    Historical Medals

• Welcome!
    Thank you ProofArtworkonCircs. Glad to be alive and contributing. I've admired many forum members for their knowledge and wit for some time, and the vast amounts of knowledge they are willing to impart to relative newbies. Thanks to all.

US Civil War coinage
    Historical Medals

• << <i>Thank you sparky64. Have wanted to chime in before but felt very afraid. As O'neil said in Platoon, " I got a bad feelin' on this one. I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here". Maybe I'll be in the minority and stick around for awhile. >>

I lurked for a veeery long time as well. Get brave, post a little more. It's not that scary! image
    Numismatist, Alhambra Coin Center

Life At The Coin Shop
    Facebook

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Influx normally occurs with new mint product releases, or a PCGS forum giveaway. Must be the new baseball mounds. Welcome newbies!

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll do what I can to share my vast wealth of knowledge. All 4 years of it.

Thanks for the welcome.
    If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thank you sparky64. Have wanted to chime in before but felt very afraid. As O'neil said in Platoon, " I got a bad feelin' on this one. I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here". Maybe I'll be in the minority and stick around for awhile. >>

I lurked for a veeery long time as well. Get brave, post a little more. It's not that scary! image >>

That's a shame you waited so long. Think of all the cool stories, reports, etc. we've missed during the looong lurking period.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thank you sparky64. Have wanted to chime in before but felt very afraid. As O'neil said in Platoon, " I got a bad feelin' on this one. I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here". Maybe I'll be in the minority and stick around for awhile. >>

I lurked for a veeery long time as well. Get brave, post a little more. It's not that scary! image >>

I lurked for years , and enjoyed the humor. My subsequent years here have proven to be testy, by a few.
    Would name names, but it serves no useful purpose. Please enjoy yourselves… ONE and ALL.

Welcome all people. I hold no grudges. They're way too heavy.
  • MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I lurked for a veeery long time as well. Get brave, post a little more. It's not that scary! image >>

Sez you. I've been terrified since 2007.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file