Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Atlanta ANA NEWPS

BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone have any luck in the auction or on the bourse? I was lucky enough to acquire this 1842 $5 Large Letters (Doug Winter approved), estimated surviving population below 50 for a very decent price. The Large Letters is version of the 1842 $5 is about twice as scarce as the Small Letters version and is very undervalued at current price levels.

From the awful Bentley collection which offered some great coins dropped in amongst loads of processed ugly coins. I don't believe that this collection was sent to CAC as almost no coins were CAC certified and I know of a few from the FUN sale that have since CAC'd.

Have any NEWPS from the auction or bourse to share?

Comments

• Options
    I was there Friday morning for a couple of hours. Only one purchase - my first darkside coin from CRO (great to finally meet in person!), I thought it was cool.

Working on a deal with Doug Winter and if that goes through then I'll have a really nice NEWP to post...
  • Options

<< <i>I was there Friday morning for a couple of hours. Only one purchase - my first darkside coin from CRO (great to finally meet in person!), I thought it was cool.

Working on a deal with Doug Winter and if that goes through then I'll have a really nice NEWP to post... >>

Going for the 56-D $2.5?
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    imageimage

I got the above is as consolation prize. I really (REALLY) wanted the 1880-O $10 in OGH 40, but the pricing got insane, IMO, and I helped to fuel it.
  • Options
    The 56-D $2.50 is a nice coin, but my focus is on eagles. He had a gorgeous original AU $10 (not on his website) that we both thought was woefully under-graded; he is going to try to resubmit it and we'll go from there. First coin that has wowed me in a while!

Nice pickup, RYK!
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won a BAJJERFAN reverse toner Morgan on Friday. Photobucket is crawling this morning image so I'll try and post later.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That '88-O is impressive RYK.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>I was there Friday morning for a couple of hours. Only one purchase - my first darkside coin from CRO (great to finally meet in person!), I thought it was cool.

Working on a deal with Doug Winter and if that goes through then I'll have a really nice NEWP to post... >>

New to the boards but clearly not new to collecting: Welcome
  • Options
    Welcome Tianan, nice coin.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boosibri that's a beauty!
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned earlier, this is one of BAJJERFANS reverse toners that I won Friday.
    imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file