Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Mouse Died... Need Suggestions! :(

BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been using a Logitech Trackball Mouse for years and it's been great for cropping images in templates.

It's on it's deathbed as it took me 20 minutes to try to crop one side of a coin earlier today before I got completely frustrated and finally gave up.

I had purchased another Logitech Trackball Mouse about a year ago for different PC and had to exchange it twice before receiving one that lasted 6 months.

Could anyone suggest another manufacturer trackball type mouse that's comfortable to use besides anything made by Logitech image

Thanks in advance as I don't think I can go back to a regular mouse image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

Comments

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My condolences on your loss. That tumor looks nasty.
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Any of the cheaper Microsoft ones from the past two years work exceptionally well.

• Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't but many of the serious photo editors use a Wacom Tablet for editing
    And you can use a mouse along with it for regular things
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    You need a laptop.image
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next time be careful Broadstruck when you let the cat in... image

ABimage
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would suggest the cordless Microsoft I use. Ive had it for 2 years and works great however they don't make the model anymore.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not an optical mouse and has the removable rubber ball in the bottom, remove the ball and clean the deposits and dust off the exposed small plastic wheels with a pencil eraser. Reinstall rubber ball and good as new.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

<< <i>My condolences on your loss. That tumor looks nasty. >>

imageimage
  • Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭
    I use a Logitech M305..... in fact I have 2 or 3 of them.

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    Personally, I'm working on training a hamster. They're a lot cuter. Harder workers too when you exercise them well in the ball. Biggest problem so far is that he is really not liking the cord. image
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a good cleaning.....dust gets sucked into the ball and stuck causing problems, eventually.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any of the cheaper Microsoft ones from the past two years work exceptionally well. >>

that works or locate one online ( using a different computer of course )
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Condolences to you and best of luck.

I never could get used to a trackball. I used one a few times to try it and I didn't like them.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used my Logitech for about four years now. Sure wouldn't know anything else to recommend.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered Kensington?

Video

CNET Reviews
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Any of the cheaper Microsoft ones from the past two years work exceptionally well. >>

I put a microsoft on my computer last year and it was worse than most of the viruses I've had. It took an hour an hour to load and bogged everything down.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I was too once addicted to trackball mice, both MS and Logitech. I really liked them and couldn't envision using anything else but like everything they both failed at one point and I had to go back to using the regular type mice. That being said I use cordless which are really nice...not the same as the trackball but much mo better than a corded mouse. Don't sweat the switch if it has to be made...it might take a couple of days but like riding a bike you'll get the hang of it back real quick.

K
    ANA LM
  • Options
    Cigar box?

Eric
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one just like it die on me, and still miss it, too. image

Funny how the first few days, you hate the dang thing, and then you don't wanna use anything else.

Sure was nice with the laptop, in bed.

I had to readjust to a regular mouse again.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks for mentioning YouTube Goldbully as I looked at some reviews.

Now knowing the Kensington's make a clicking sound when scrolling would most likely get on my nerves quickly.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wash the ball in warm soapy water. You can get the laser mouse that works great for about $10 at Wally World. Plugs into a USB port.
  • Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Haha I use a Logitech QX3 Optical Mouse.

Oldschool mouse a lot of people used for playing videogames because of great sensitivity.

They make great meece.

-D

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the Logitech Performance MX...not a trackball, but great controls....been using this one for two years...no problems, multiple functios, rechargeable battery and cordless...... best mouse I ever had. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Was going to suggest a burial in a Diamond long stick match box, and a few modest comments as he is lowered into the ground.
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭
    I used that little trackball gem for a year or so. But failures and maintenance were a hassle. When I moved into Blender and Solidworks I needed more from a mouse in the way of program-ability. Settled on the Logitech G700. It's a little overkill if your not needing a bunch of time saving buttons assigned to do things for a particular app though.
    Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was going to suggest a burial in a Diamond long stick match box, and a few modest comments as he is lowered into the ground. >>

• Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I use the Logitech with all the buttons available. Wore out the first one, and bought the second one. Gave my daughter one as a gift, and she loves it.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file