Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Could I please have some help with this Chinese coin

What date is this
What denomination

Thanks

RACC
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comments

• STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    China 10 cents. You have the obverse (2nd pic) upside down. I think its year 26 (obverse 2-4th characters look like 6 10 2 = 6 + 10*2) which would be 1937.

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Cool. Don't think I've come across that design before. Must admit, I was expecting a cash coin or something else with a square hole.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• jt88jt88 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 cent 1937
  • STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    1 cent 1937

Looks like a Y347 to me and I didn't see that date for the 1 cent, what did I miss? Thanks!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>China 10 cents. You have the obverse (2nd pic) upside down. I think its year 26 (obverse 2-4th characters look like 6 10 2 = 6 + 10*2) which would be 1937. >>

If you put the pic right-side up, then you need to read from right to left and the date would be RY two ten six (26) = CE 1937.

The side with the star symbol (the symbol for the Republic of China) says (R to L) "Republic of China Twenty Six Year".

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I've always liked these.