Home U.S. Coin Forum

Just got back from the Alexandria, VA coin club show.. awesome!! (PICS just added)

This has by far been the best show I've been to! Mainly because of one dealer, Rusty Williams, who is the most reasonable dealer I've ever dealt with!

Photos will be added soon!!

The show opened at 9 am, and I got there about 9:30. They were giving out Alexandria coin club coins that I think were pretty cool. There were two types and I got one of each.

The bourse had probably 40 dealers I'd say. I didn't get to but three of them. When I entered, I basically went right to Rusty's booth and started looking. He had just got a collection and was selling it at really reasonable prices.

Well, I sat there for a couple hours going through it all and made some purchases. After having an awesome experience with him, I went to a couple of other dealers and purchased some other really nice Morgans.

All in all I came home today with 18 Morgans, 2 half dimes, 4 Mercury dimes, 3 indian head cents, and 1 walking liberty half. All but one coin (a 1886 Morgan in a PCGS MS65 holder) is raw. Included are the following VAMs:

1886-P VAM-1C 3 + 2 Clashed Reverse (ECD + Hot 50) in PCGS MS65

1897-P VAM-6A Near Date, Pitted Reverse (TOP 100!!) raw UNC

1900-P VAM-11 Doubled Die Reverse (VAM TOP 100!!) raw XF

1900-P VAM-11 Doubled Die Reverse (VAM TOP 100!!) raw UNC

1882-O VAM-7 Doubled 882, Open 2, O/O Low (VAM TOP 100!!) raw XF

1904-P VAM-3 Spiked 1, Doubled 4 raw AU

Mercury dimes. I took a lot of chances on these, maybe I was just thinking I saw things when I bought them, but lets see your opinions.

1934. I got this one because I thought the 34 was doubled on the bottom. Pictures don't show it too well, but I can see a little bit below them with a 10x loupe.

Look on the bottom of the 3 and 4

1945. Got this one because of the clashing on the reverse.

1942 (FB? I dunno). I got this guy because I thought it might be a 1942/1. I think I see where the 1 was, but it's not as visible as others I've seen.

1940. Got this one because of the reverse clash as well.

The other coins are also varieties, but I'm getting owned with looking through a loupe all day today.

I'll get some photos tomorrow hopefully!

Steve

Comments

• etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you made quite a haul and picked up some nice coins. Congrats.

Mike
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on a good show. I want to see the Mercs! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Congrats on a good show. I want to see the Mercs! image >>

I shall show you the Mercs. Probably tomorrow though after I get home from church. I bought them for varying reasons (mostly steming from my interest in Morgans, like clashing, and I may have mis judged image, luckily, they were sold at grey sheet prices!)

Steve
  • numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Don't you just love coin collecting.

Brian
    NUMO
    I do, sometimes. I dislike when dealers are trying to make the next sale to retire. That makes it impossible for someone with my profession to collect coins!

Steve
  • numobrinumobri Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

I don't know what your profession is but, I'll guess it ain't being a Dealer.

If you keep using your brain you'll be OK.

Brian
    NUMO
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is quite a haul for one show..... glad you are happy.... Cheers, RickO
    Yes I am exceptionally happy! I'm still working on attributing all of the others. Not sure where to find information similar to the VAMWorld on indian heads and WL halves, but I'm working on it!

Not to mention, you'd be amazed at how little I spent on these coins.

Steve
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay...time for the Mercs now. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

<< <i>Okay...time for the Mercs now. image >>

Okay, FINE!

Give me a couple mins to photo them

Steve
    Just added photos of the Mercs for you image

Steve

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights