Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That card is a blazer.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>That card is a blazer. >>

+1
    Edited to add: I never understand how a seller, when selling a card that will go for a lot of money, does not make sure that the card is sitting in the middle of the slab when scanning. The right side of the card is sitting under the "lip", which makes the card appear less centered than it really is.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>That card is a blazer. >>

+1
    Edited to add: I never understand how a seller, when selling a card that will go for a lot of money, does not make sure that the card is sitting in the middle of the slab when scanning. The right side of the card is sitting under the "lip", which makes the card appear less centered than it really is.

image >>

WOW! I was thinking the same thing, it's surprising how much more eye appeal a card can have when it sits in the holder correctly.

What also drives me crazy (well not really crazy) is when the card is scanned on it's side, I find myself twisting my neck in order to see the card.

Lots of people who are novice salesmen or just plain lazy.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    PSA should have addressed the issue of the "lip" (as you put it) when they redesigned the holders. Look at the back of any PSA graded card: no lip.

You can creatively position the card within the holder so that the "lip" conceals edge defects too.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25