Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another day, another silver dollar (Took some good pics for machine doubling)

FadeToBlackFadeToBlack Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
Face-value acquisitions are my favorite!

Reimaged this with a real camera.

Comments

• Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    Seriously... that makes me mad! I need to find out where to do that.

Steve
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    POW! That's awesome!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Seriously... that makes me mad! I need to find out where to do that.

Steve >>

The name of the bank is right there, ha. Although it really doesn't matter where ya go, 90% silver dollars are tremendously difficult to find in circulation. I've found 7 from tellers... 4 Morgans, 3 Peace, in 5ish years, from well over $6k in Ike dollars. Bagged dollar orders are even tougher when it comes to silver dollars, I've found 4 90% dollars in probably $40k searched. >>

Does that pay for the anti-bacterial soap from handling all those germ traps?image
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank tellers are idiots?
    Or are they not allow to switch out their own money with stuff like that with boss' approval?
  • Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    Did you spot them in the till or did a friendly teller save them for you? .. either way **jealous** nice score!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is great.... face value silver is always welcome these days... Keep on stacking... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bank tellers are idiots?
    Or are they not allow to switch out their own money with stuff like that with boss' approval? >>

It's been a few years so I will now take the liberty to tell this story.

Two finely dressed women entered the shop one day. They were sharper than two sticks in the eye. Took several minutes to get a deal done. Silver was near fifty dollars per ounce.
    They had sever Walkers and Franklin halves. (would have to check past records, but it ended up a few hundred bucks as I recall).
    These fine ladies squeezed me to the very top of the food chain. .715 times spot or NO DEAL. I said, "okay fine, ladies… deal".

As I took one of their information for my records, I asked her what she did for a living. She said, "I am a bank teller and this is the manager".
    image I said, "Oh how did you ladies come across this lot". She said , "well an older gal who banks with us made a deposit one day".
    I said, "Oh, did her deposit slip reflect the face value here ? " She said, "oh yes, it's only money".

I smiled and said, "Oh you're right, and you're just bankers"

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually the teller at my one credit union got a Morgan dollar a while and bought it for herself. She teases me with it every once in awhile. At least she sells me all the other silver dimes, quarters, halves and old bills that she gets. I like my tellers, have them all bought off with candy bribes.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    I was suppose to get a bag of them when I got my last box of Kennedys but the money carrier was out of stock. I found 3 40% halves and 3 clad proofs that had found their way in to circulation. So out of a 1000 halves, not too good this time but have done worse. image
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Lucky!
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally cool, and just look at that strike!

peacockcoins

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daaaaaaaannnngggggg!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool!!!image

Love it that there's still a few out there to be found!

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I looking at this photo correctly? One Peace Dollar and ten Ikes?

Not as impressive as what I was thinking was in your hand (all silver), but still very nice.
  • Options
    By those statistics its definitely way more feasible to sort CU with a Ryedale which is 1/3 take which is > line searching a box of dimes for an average 1 Ag per box

Awesome take tho! and thanks for the history of your searches
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    awesome!!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file