Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wilson & Manning

I find myself really pumped about SB XLVIII, mostly because I'm a huge Seahawks fan, but I find myself getting into a game even more when I actually like the players on the field. And, frankly, I'm getting tired of all the drama around Richard Sherman--much of it created by him of course.

Wilson and Manning seem like two of the classiest QBs in the NFL. I've read a few stories about Manning, and while I hope he loses on Sunday, he seems like a great human being. Read an article this morning about Russell Wilson that made my respect for him grow ten fold. Easily the best SB story I've read all week. It's nice to see some stories once in a while about players who are good human beings and help build the communities in which they live.

Anyway, hope you enjoy. And go Seahawks!!!

Wilson Story

Comments

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a Seahawks fan at all because of Sherman and the PED stuff with their DBs, but you have to be absolutely insane to not like Russell Wilson. He is such a good dude and is very classy. I'd be happy for him if the Seahawks won although I am sure I would tire of Sherman's talking if they win..........
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I love Russell Wilson too, but since I live in Denver, I am a die hard Broncos fan.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Bear fan here. go ahead take your punches. image

but, i made the pilgrimage to South Florida some years ago to profess my love for them, and Devin Hester shocked me.

then Peyton Funking Manning rewrote my history.

to this day i simply cannot hate him. he's too good. he's too nice. he's too perfect. and he makes me wish i'd never heard the name of Rex Grossman. image
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Jeff, you'll always have Jim McMahon (and Vince Evans).

• Options
    true dat. my finest moment as a football fan was inspired by a dude who gets off mooning helicopters. image
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a redskins fan so I don't have much to cheer for ever. Hoping the Seahawks win. I love Wilson and Sherman for different reasons. This weekend, GO Hawks!
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I believe I saw that Russell Wilson story on ESPN recently. Thanks for posting the written version as well. Sure seems like a heck of a guy.

I'm a Ravens fan so we had our fun last year image.

I'm torn about who I want to win. I really like Manning a lot and would like to see him get another ring before he's done, and he can't have too many seasons left in him. This may be his best chance. But, I like Seattle too and my son has really taken to them. He likes Wilson and really likes their logo and color scheme, especially the high-optic green highlights. I just hope it's a great game, no weird happenings like last year with the power outage, and may the best team win!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jeff, you'll always have Jim McMahon (and Vince Evans). >>

And this!!! image

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bear fan here >>

Really? Just when you think you know someone.

I'm just thankful '85 came along. Mike Phipps to Rickey Watts was on the verge of causing irreparable damage.
  • Options
    So bottom line: Why did NCSU let Wilson walk when he wanted to return to football? It has never made sense to me...
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to adjust to your new avatar Dan! LOL

Sorry man, as a longtime Colts fan I have to pull for Peyton, but I agree it is definitely a great matchup. I've followed the Seahawks pretty closely over the past 2 years- Marshawn Lynch has been on my fantasy team both years, and I've grown to like them. It will be interesting to see the #1 offense vs the #1 defense.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm still trying to adjust to your new avatar Dan! LOL >>

I'm still trying to adjust to the revelation that one of our resident wrasslin' fans is hating on Seattle DB's 'cause of PED use.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the network will boost up the volume on Peyton when he is calling the plays what with the "Omaha" phenomenon sweeping/gripping the nation. While viewing the DEN/NE playoff game it seemed the sound level was boosted up when he was calling his plays compared with Tom Bradys playcalling. Or he just yelled louder. Anyone else notice this in the DEN/NE game? I suppose after 5 or so "Omahas" I will turn the sound off and tune the radio in for a less intrusive annoyance. Saw on the news that the over/under on the use of "Omaha" is 22.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

<< <i> I'm getting tired of all the drama around Richard Sherman--much of it created by him of course. >>

My delicate football sensibilities weren't offended by Mr. Sherman. But flamboyant smack talkers are always going to be inspirational to some and offensive to others. His post NFC Championship game wasn't exactly out of character for the guy, so I am not sure where the sudden scrutiny came from? Anyhow, I didn't know much about the guy outside of the game and, thanks to the recent drama, I personally found his story to be pretty awesome.

<< <i>Wilson and Manning seem like two of the classiest QBs in the NFL. I've read a few stories about Manning, and while I hope he loses on Sunday, he seems like a great human being. Read an article this morning about Russell Wilson that made my respect for him grow ten fold. >>

I'll be rooting for Manning, and by extension the Broncos, but given Peyton already has a ring I wouldn't be at all disappointed to see the Seahawks take the trophy. Wilson by all accounts seems to be an exceptional young man with an amazing career ahead of him... just don't tell Aaron Rodgers I said so.

Snorto~
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>

I'm still trying to adjust to the revelation that one of our resident wrasslin' fans is hating on Seattle DB's 'cause of PED use. >>

I wanted to point this out, but he's a bitter 49ers fan I believe- at least that's the way he comes off on the sports talk board
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I'm taking sides with Manning, but since the SeaHawks didn't give up more than 17 points in any one game, Denver will have their hands full, no doubt. Gotta like both QB's!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peyton is hardly perfect - he did, after all, sexually harass a female trainer in college and then trashed her in his book after turning pro, leading to a lawsuit that was settled in her favor. That said, outside of that one thing, he's been a great role model.

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

I refuse to chat with Dan as his avatar frightens me. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Peyton is hardly perfect - he did, after all, sexually harass a female trainer in college and then trashed her in his book after turning pro, leading to a lawsuit that was settled in her favor. That said, outside of that one thing, he's been a great role model. >>

A hormone is a terrible thing to waste
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY